SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI), a leading provider of software-based video processing and delivery solutions, today announced that it will be demonstrating advanced video delivery solutions including 4K HEVC (H.265) compression at TV Connect 2014 stand #101, taking place in London, March 18-20.
Solutions on display at TV Connect 2014 will include a live demonstration of a Tier 1 operator's commercial service powered by Envivio, Envivio's latest technology innovations, and collaborations with technology partners.
Demonstrations at the Envivio TV Connect stand include:
- BSkyB (NOW TV): Envivio customer BSkyB's online Pay TV service, NOW TV, offers subscribers in the UK a flexible, high quality video experience on any device.
- 4K Ultra HD video compression: High quality 4K Ultra HD television delivered in HEVC format using the Envivio Muse™ encoder and powered by a Broadcom reference decoder is designed to significantly enhance the in-home TV experience.
- Targeted ad insertion: Capabilities available on the Envivio Halo™ network media processor enable operators to deliver different advertisements to Internet-connected devices such as tablets, smartphones and PCs based on user profiles.
- Just-in-time packaging: Dynamic packaging of assets for multi-screen delivery reduces storage and bandwidth requirements.
Envivio is also collaborating with technology partners at TV Connect:
- Airties (stand #151): The connected home technologies provider will feature Envivio video streams encoded in 1080p60 HEVC format and delivered to TV sets using Airties set-top boxes. This demonstration will also be available for viewing on the Envivio stand.
- Sigma Designs (stand #51): Semiconductor manufacturer Sigma Designs will showcase 4K content compressed in HEVC format by Envivio at the Sigma stand.
- STMicroelectronics (stand #19): 4K HEVC video encoded by Envivio and decoded by ST will be displayed on the ST stand at TV Connect.
"We are excited to feature BSkyB's NOW TV service as well as collaborate with leading industry partners at TV Connect in London this year. Envivio continues to innovate in bringing new technologies like 4K, HEVC and personal TV to market, and this event represents an important opportunity to demonstrate these advances to key customers across the region," said Julien Signès, Envivio's president and CEO.
Envivio CEO Julien Signès will participate in a panel discussion session as part of the TV Connect 2014 conference entitled "Creating and Delivering Compatible Content for the Mobile Consumer" on Thursday, March 20 at 12:40pm.
Envivio is also partnering with leading industry information resource Videonet to host a high-level industry roundtable to explore issues related to "Taking pay TV linear channels to a wider market" moderated by John Moulding, Videonet's Editor. Panelists participating in this filmed session include Richard Wray, Head of Streaming Performance at BSkyB and Julien Signès, Envivio CEO.
More than 300 content and service providers around the globe have selected Envivio to power their multi-screen and pay TV services. Visit www.envivio.com to learn more about TV without boundaries.
Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) is a leader in solutions for multi-screen video processing and delivery. Envivio solutions remove the boundaries of traditional television and make the world's video content universally enjoyable by all viewers, on any device, across any network, at any time. Now in its second decade of developing market-leading video convergence solutions, Envivio powers services for more than 300 content and service provider customers around the world, including eight of the top 10 mobile operators, nine of the top 10 broadband providers and three of the top four US cable operators. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices worldwide including France, England, China, Singapore and Japan. Visit www.envivio.com for more information.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including the anticipated benefits and features of our solutions. Actual results may vary materially due to a number of factors including, but not limited to, the risk that, capital spending in our target markets decreases or is delayed, we are unable to deploy and achieve market acceptance for our products in our target markets, our relationship with our channel partners is disrupted, as well as other risks that are detailed from time to time in Envivio's SEC reports, which you can find at www.sec.gov. Envivio is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.
Product information is intended to outline our general product direction, is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion. Envivio reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. These new software options may be purchased separately when and if available.