CHICAGO, March 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- KPMG Corporate Finance LLC ("KPMG CF") announced today that 2013 was a historic year for the leading mid-market investment bank, further enhancing its service offerings and expanding its team and core business functions to meet existing and emerging industry demands in the global marketplace. For the 15th year in a row, KPMG Corporate Finance remained one of the top mid-market investment banks in 2013, according to Thomson Reuters' Global M&A League Table rankings, for both Worldwide Middle Market Completed deals and Worldwide Middle Market Announced deals. KPMG CF also claimed a leading spot on Reuters' 2013 U.S. Middle Market Completed Advisor League Table, and was the only firm from the Big Four to be ranked among the top 10 advisors.
"Our business has experienced tremendous growth throughout the last year amid a rapidly changing economic environment, with significant growth opportunities for the firm in the mid-market, across industries," according to Phil Isom, head of KPMG Corporate Finance LLC. "By expanding our service offerings and team in 2013, we have positioned our practice to provide first-class, innovative professionals and resources to assist KPMG CF clients with enhancing outcomes for their businesses. We are also able to help our clients achieve their profit growth goals by offering a broad spectrum of transaction-related services, such as positioning their businesses for sale and assisting with buy-side or capital raising activities, among other value-creation strategies sought by organizations."
2013 Deal Closings
KPMG CF served as the exclusive financial advisor for transactions such as:
- American Family Mutual Insurance Company's acquisition of Homesite Group, Inc.
- Hitachi Consulting Corporation on its acquisition of Celerant Consulting Holdings Limited
- Walter Meier AG's sale of Walter Meier Tools to Tenex Capital Management, LLC
- Industry Retail Group (IRG) on its sale to Vector Security
- Newterra Group Ltd (KPMG CF served as the placement agent)
- PT Solutions Holdings, LLC on its sale to New Harbor Capital Management LLC
- Schoeller Arca Systems Holding B.V. on the acquisition of the senior debt of iGPS Company LLC
Dan Tiemann, KPMG LLP's Americas Transactions & Restructuring lead, noted, "KPMG CF's approach to investment banking strategy remains a recognized catalyst for our clients' success. With dynamic growth over the last year, KPMG CF brings the right formula of market foresight, technological innovation and unique breadth and depth of experience to organizations in the mid-market space."
Expanding Industry Leadership Team
In the last year, KPMG CF increased its workforce by nearly 20 percent and expanded its service offerings in the financial services, aerospace and defense (A&D), and automotive sectors, including the addition of three industry leads to its portfolio of investment banking professionals.
- Jeremy Josse, who is based in KPMG's New York office, focuses on the Financial Services sector, an area that is experiencing strong market demand. Jeremy has more than 18 years of experience in financial services, specializing in equity and debt raisings, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and product structuring.
- George Odden, who is based in KPMG's Phoenix office, focuses on M&A services in the A&D sector. George has more than 18 years of experience in managing sell-side and buy-side M&A advisory engagements, and strategic alternative assessments from small start-ups to global industry leaders.
- Andrew Savarie, who is based in KPMG's Chicago office, focuses on M&A and capital advisory services in the automotive sector. Andrew has more than 20 years of investment banking and industry experience, including originating and executing a wide range of M&A and financing transactions at firms including Morgan Stanley, Banc of America Securities and Bear Stearns.
According to Isom, "KPMG Corporate Finance is proud to be a leader in the mid-market arena, and the team we've built, clients we serve, and successful deals we've recently advised on have resulted in our top positioning in the League Tables. We're excited about leveraging all of these capabilities in 2014 to continue assisting our clients in achieving superior results."
About KPMG Corporate Finance
The platform of global Corporate Finance practices of KPMG International's network of independent member firms (KPMG Corporate Finance) have been ranked collectively as a top global mid-market advisor based on total deal volume announced in 2013, according to Thomson Reuters SDC. KPMG Corporate Finance firms operate in 155 countries with over 2,600 professionals who are able to meet the needs of clients across the globe.
KPMG Corporate Finance LLC, is a Delaware limited liability company, is a member of FINRA and SIPC and is registered as a broker dealer with the SEC. KPMG Corporate Finance LLC is also registered as a municipal advisor with the SEC and MSRB. KPMG Corporate Finance LLC is a subsidiary of KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and the U.S. member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. For more information please visit www.kpmgcorporatefinance.com.
About KPMG LLP
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.kpmg.com/us), is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International's member firms have 155,000 professionals, including more than 8,600 partners, in 155 countries.
CONTACT: Jamie Bredehoft KPMG LLP 201-505-6074 email@example.comSource:KPMG LLP