COPENHAGEN, Denmark, March 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At ALK's (ALKB:DC / OMX: ALK B / AKABY / AKBLF) annual general meeting held on 12 March 2014, Steen Riisgaard was re-elected Chairman and Christian Dyvig was re-elected Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors. Lene Skole, executive vice president of Coloplast, was elected as a new member of the Board of Directors.
Furthermore the annual general meeting transacted the following business:
- Adoption of the proposal that future annual reports will be prepared and produced in English only. The resolution will be incorporated in the Articles of Association.
- Adoption of the annual report 2013 and discharge of the Board of Directors and Board of Management.
- Declaration of an ordinary dividend of DKK 5.00 per A/B share of DKK 10.
- Approval of the remuneration to the Board of Directors for the present year. The remuneration remains unchanged compared with 2013.
- Adoption of the proposal that in future the Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors shall be elected by the general meeting. The adoption of the resolution results in amendments to the Articles of Association.
- Thorleif Krarup, Anders Gersel Pedersen and Jakob Riis were re-elected to the Board of Directors. Jes OEstergaard did not seek re-election.
- DELOITTE Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab was re-appointed as the company's auditor.
- For the period until 11 March 2019, the Board of Directors was authorised to let the company acquire own B shares with a nominal value of up to 10% of the share capital at the market price for B shares on the date of acquisition, subject to a deviation of up to 10%.
- Minor adjustments of the general guidelines for incentive payments to the Board of Management were approved.
- For the period up to and including the day of the annual general meeting to be held in 2019, the Board of Directors was authorised to increase the company's share capital by issue of new shares with a nominal value of up to DKK 10,128,360, equivalent to A shares with a nominal value of up to DKK 920,760 and B shares with a nominal value of up to DKK 9,207,600. The adoption of the resolution results in amendments to the Articles of Association.
For further information please contact: Jens Bager, President and CEO, tel. +45 4574 7576