BOSTON, March 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM), today introduced Cubby Enterprise, a new business version of its cloud file sync and share product, to help IT professionals manage sensitive company data in the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and bring-your-own-app (BYOA) era.
In response to the continued rise of consumer apps in the workplace, a trend that is especially acute with SMBs, Cubby Enterprise brings together LogMeIn's deep expertise with SMB IT management and its experience building intuitive, wildly popular apps into a single offering. As a result, SMB IT professionals are empowered to manage and secure company data shared between people and across devices, while providing employees with the ease-of-use they crave in their personal applications.
"The consistent refrain we hear from our more than 100,000 SMB IT customers is that today's file sync and share solutions fall into two camps: complex, managed offerings built for IT but loathed by employees, or consumer-grade offerings that win over employees but fall far too short on security and control. Unfortunately, that has left too many businesses with little choice but to either aggressively block such consumer apps or, more often, allow their use and take on the inherent security risks of company data being shared across both work and personal devices," said Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn. "With Cubby Enterprise, we're aiming to give businesses the best of both worlds by bringing together LogMeIn's deep understanding of IT management with our proven experience building popular apps."
Cubby Enterprise gives SMBs the user experience needed to quickly win over employees, while empowering IT to control how sensitive data is shared. These capabilities include:
Features for employees:
Flexible and intuitive access:
- Intuitive user experience: Cubby features a drop-dead simple experience designed by the same team behind the wildly popular LogMeIn, Ignition and join.me apps
- The ability to make any existing folder a 'cubby': Turn any folder into a 'cubby' with the freedom to make as many cubbies as desired
- Access to files anywhere from virtually any device: Native iOS, Android, Windows and Mac apps, as well as access from any browser make it possible to work from anywhere across a blend of work and personal devices
- 1 TB of cloud storage for every 5 users. Cubby Enterprise provides users with 1 TB to be shared per 5 users and can simply add users and additional space as desired
Public and Private Sharing
- Multiple ways to share files and collaborate with others: Content can be shared with others by inviting them into a cubby, which lets both parties see, work with, and sync content; or it can be shared through simple read-only links to files and cubbies, an option that provides quick sharing even with people who don't have a Cubby account
Features for IT management include:
User and Identity Management
- ADFS Integration: Enable single sign-on (SSO) via Active Directory.
- Domain-based administration: Automatically own and manage all employee Cubby accounts within a given domain, while providing the option for employees to merge and upgrade individual accounts with Cubby Enterprise
- Desktop app deployment: Remotely install Cubby on employee computers to provide easy access to Cubby Enterprise while encouraging corporate use
- Device wipe: Remove stored passwords and wipe locally synced content from employee devices, including PCs, Macs and tablets and smartphones
- Policy settings: Enforce user policies to control how data is stored and shared, including the ability to constrain sharing within a corporate domain
- Mobile passcodes: Protect mobile access by requiring a 4-digit pin before accessing Cubby files on a mobile device
- Activity log: Monitor activity in real-time to know what content is being shared, how and with whom
- Filtered activity search: Filter activity for easy monitoring by employee, event type or date
Pricing and availability:
Cubby Enterprise yearly subscriptions start at $39.99/month per groups of five users, prepaid annually.
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) transforms the way people work and live through secure connections to the computers, devices, data, and people that make up their digital world. The company's cloud services free millions of people to work from anywhere, empower IT professionals to securely embrace the modern cloud-centric workplace, give companies new ways to reach and support today's connected customer, and help businesses bring the next generation of connected products to market.
LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston's Innovation District with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Ireland, the Netherlands, and the UK.
LogMeIn and Cubby are registered trademarks of LogMeIn in the U.S. and other countries. iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., and Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries around the world.
CONTACT: Press contact: Craig VerColen LogMeIn, Inc. +1-781-897-0696 Press@LogMeIn.com