WARREN, N.J., March 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company"), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company's AWL9281 front-end integrated circuit (FEIC) is enabling WiFi connectivity in the Ascend P6S smartphone by Huawei. The new Ascend P6S, a speed enhanced version of the ultra-slim Ascend P6, leverages ANADIGICS' wireless solutions and features a 4.7-inch display, 1.6 GHz quad-core processor, 8 megapixel camera, and Android® 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24070
"We are very pleased that Huawei has selected the AWL9281 FEIC for the new Ascend P6S smartphone," said Jonathan Griffith, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "Our 802.11n and 802.11ac WiFi solutions continue to raise the bar in performance and integration, enabling higher data rates, longer battery life and improved manufacturability. We look forward to working closely with Huawei to bring these advantages to future WiFi-enabled devices."
ANADIGICS' family of WiFi FEICs leverages the Company's patented InGaP-Plus™ technology and uniquely designed architectures to combine a high performance power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA) with bypass option, and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration greatly improves manufacturability and reliability, while reducing PCB space requirements. The AWL9281 FEIC provides outstanding error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, enabling ultra-high data throughput. ANADIGICS' AWL9281 also delivers exceptionally low current consumption, significantly extending battery-life in mobile applications.
ANADIGICS WiFi FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA with bypass option, and SP3T Tx/Rx switch with Bluetooth to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company") designs and manufactures innovative radio frequency solutions for the growing cellular, WiFi, and infrastructure markets. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, ANADIGICS offers RF products with exceptional performance and integration to deliver a unique competitive advantage to OEMs and ODMs for mobile device, base station, CATV infrastructure, CATV subscriber, and industrial applications. The Company's award-winning solutions include power amplifiers, front-end ICs, front-end modules, line amplifiers, active splitters, tuners, and other RF components. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
CONTACT: Media Relations Brian Ribeiro mspire group Tel: +1 908 369 9300 Email: email@example.com Investor Relations Kristina Panek ANADIGICS, Inc. Tel: +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org