BAGSVAERD, Denmark, March 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Novo Nordisk A/S held its Annual General Meeting, at which the following were adopted:
Financial year 2013 and 2014
- The Company's audited Annual Report 2013.
- The remuneration of the Board of Directors for 2013 and the level for 2014.
- Distribution of profit according to the adopted Annual Report 2013. The dividend will be DKK 4.50 per A and B share of DKK 0.20.
- Re-election of Göran Ando as chairman and Jeppe Christiansen as vice chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Re-election of Bruno Angelici, Liz Hewitt, Thomas Paul Koestler and Hannu - Ryöppönen as members of the Board of Directors.
- Election of Helge Lund as new member of the Board of Directors.
- Re-election of PricewaterhouseCoopers Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab as the Company's auditor.
Shares and capital
- Reduction of the Company's B share capital by cancellation of part of the Company's own holding of B shares. The Company's B shares are reduced by DKK 20,000,000 from DKK 442,512,800 to DKK 422,512,800.
- Authorisation to the Board of Directors until the next Annual General Meeting to allow the Company to repurchase own shares of up to 10% of the share capital subject to a holding limit of 10% of the share capital.
- Donation to the World Diabetes Foundation (WDF) of an amount up to a total of DKK 654 million to be granted from the financial year 2015 through to the financial year 2024.
- Amendments to the Articles of Association allowing Annual Reports, General Meetings and related documents to be in English.
- Approval of revised Remuneration Principles
|Mike Rulis||+45 4442 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ken Inchausti (US)||+1 609 514 email@example.com|
|Kasper Roseeuw Poulsen||+45 4442 firstname.lastname@example.org|
| Frank Daniel Mersebach |
| +45 4442 0604 |
+45 3079 6376
| email@example.com |
|Lars Borup Jacobsen||+45 3075 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jannick Lindegaard (US)||+1 609 786 email@example.com|
Company announcement No 17 / 2014 http://hugin.info/2013/R/1770590/602641.pdf
Source:Novo Nordisk A/S