BAGNEUX, France, March 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DBV Technologies (Euronext: DBV - ISIN: FR0010417345), creator of Viaskin®, a new paradigm for the treatment of allergies, announced today that five scientific presentations of data related to its proprietary method, Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPITTM), have been selected with four as oral presentation at the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) Congress 2014 held in Copenhagen, Denmark, June 7-11.The abstracts will also be published in the June 2014 supplement of Allergy.
Pierre-Henri Benhamou, Chairman & CEO of DBV Technologies, said: "We are very proud to have five presentations at such a major congress. The new data that is being presented provides evidence that the sustained therapeutic effect that we have observed with EPIT, which is mediated by Tregs modulation, is driven by epigenetic changes. " Dr. Benhamou continued: "The breadth of data that will be presented at EAACI is important to DBV and the scientific community because it will increase our knowledge of EPIT's disease modifying effect. We are thankful to have a strong scientific network supporting DBV's development of EPIT, a first-in-class treatment that may change the way we currently treat patients in the allergy field."
Five communications in total will be presented during the Congress:
- "Differing homing properties of Tregs induced by epicutaneous compared to sublingual or subcutaneous immunotherapy in peanut-sensitized mice" will be presented by Dr. Vincent Dioszeghy for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 32, Session Title: AIT mechanisms on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
- "Suppressive activities of Tregs are maintained after discontinuation of treatment in epicutaneous and subcutaneous, but not sublingual immunotherapy" will be presented by Dr. Vincent Dioszeghy for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 32, Session Title: AIT mechanisms, on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
- "Epicutaneous immunotherapy induces sustainable epigenetic modifications in peanut sensitized mice" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 32, Session Title: AIT mechanisms, on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
- "Epicutaneous immunotherapy protects mice from food-induced anaphylaxis independent of sensitization route" will be presented by Dr. Leticia Tordesillas from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, New York, USA for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 7, Session Title: New insights in immunological mechanisms in food allergy on Sunday June 8, 2014 at 1:30PM to 3:00PM).
- "Milk-EPIT protects milk-sensitized mice against new sensitizations: the role of epigenetic modifications" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet for a presentation during a Thematic Poster Session (Session Number: 45, Session Title: Mechanism of Asthma I, on Monday, June 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM to 1:45 PM).
About DBV Technologies
DBV Technologies is opening up a decisive new approach to the treatment of allergy - a major public health issue that is constantly increasing in prevalence. Food allergies represent a true handicap in everyday life for millions of people and thus constitute a major unmet medical need. DBV Technologies has developed a unique, proprietary, worldwide-patented technology for administering an allergen to intact skin and avoiding massive transfer to the blood. The Viaskin® technology combines efficacy and safety as part of a treatment that seeks to improve the patient's tolerability of peanut and thus considerably lower the risk of a systemic, allergic reaction in the event of accidental exposure to the allergen. The company's significant development program has taken this revolutionary method through to the industrial stage in Europe, initially. The product's clinically proven safety of use enables the application of effective desensitization techniques (the efficacy of which is acknowledged worldwide) in the most severe forms of the allergy. DBV Technologies is focusing on food allergies (milk and peanut) for which there are currently no effective treatments. It has developed two products: Viaskin® Peanut and Viaskin® Milk. The clinical development program for Viaskin® Peanut has received Fast Track designation from the US Food and Drug Administration. The company will subsequently develop a Viaskin® patch for young children with house dust mite allergy - a true public health issue because this pathology is one of the main risk factors for childhood asthma. DBV Technologies shares are traded on segment C of Euronext Paris (Ticker: DBV, ISIN code: FR0010417345).
For more information on DBV Technologies, please visit our website: www.dbv-technologies.com
CAUTION: Viaskin® is not approved for sale in the USA.
Forward Looking Statement
The forward-looking statements, objectives and targets contained herein are based on the Company's management strategy, current views and assumptions. Such statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those anticipated herein. Furthermore, the Research and Development process involves several stages each of which involve the substantial risk that the Company may fail to achieve its objectives and be forced to abandon its efforts with regards to a product in which it has invested significant sums. Therefore, the Company cannot be certain that favorable results obtained during pre-clinical trials will be confirmed subsequently during clinical trials, or that the results of clinical trials will be sufficient to demonstrate the safe and effective nature of the product concerned. DBV technologies' business is subject to the risk factors outlined in its registration documents filed with the French Autorité des Marchés Financiers.
DBV Technologies Contacts
| David Schilansky |
Chief Financial Officer
Tel. : +33(0)1 55 42 78 75
Director Business Development & Corporate Communications
Tel. : +33(0)1 55 42 78 72
|DBVDBV IR and Media Contacts|
| Alan S. Roemer |
U.S. Investor Relations
The Trout Group
Tel. : +1 646 378-2945
| BMC Communications |
Tel. : +1 646-513-3125
# # # # #
DBV Announces Data Presentations at the European Allergology congress http://hugin.info/156437/R/1771342/603064.pdf