The Turkish government has blocked video-sharing site YouTube, following a video post which appeared to show security officials discussing military action in Syria.
Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan described the recording, which was posted anonymously to YouTube, as "villainous" on Thursday, according to Reuters.
The country's telecommunications authority took steps to block access to YouTube ahead of key local elections on Sunday. The ban came just a week after the government banned social networking site Twitter.
"We're seeing reports that some users are not able to access YouTube in Turkey," a Google spokeswoman said, via email. "There is no technical issue on our side and we're looking into the situation."
The move comes amid a government corruption scandal, which has seen social media websites full of posts alleging wrongdoing.
Erdogan said the YouTube recording—which purported to show a security meeting between Turkey's Head of Intelligence Hakan Fidan and Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu—was part of a effort to unseat him ahead of the elections, Reuters reported.
Last week, the prime minister's decision to block access to Twitter was slated by both politicians and the public.
The EU's digital commissioner Neelie Kroes told CNBC the move was "not acceptable," and stressed that she would do her utmost to make sure the people of Turkey had freedom of speech.
On Wednesday, a Turkish court ruled that the ban on Twitter should be overturned - but it could be weeks before access to the site is reinstated. Turkey's telecommunications authority has 30 days to either implement or appeal the decision, Reuters reported.