Insurance Broker Announces Program for Risk & Insurance Management Society's Annual Conference & Exhibition
Willis Resilience Expedition Leader Featured at RIMS "Hot Topic"
NEW YORK, March 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Willis Group Holdings plc (NYSE:WSH), the global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker will showcase its global network and innovative risk management solutions at the Risk & Insurance Management Society's (RIMS) 2014 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Denver, CO April 27-30. This key industry event brings together thousands of risk management professionals and insurance experts in a unique format for educational, networking and business opportunities.
Willis's theme for RIMS 2014, Resilience for a Risky World, builds on the recent success of the Willis Resilience Expedition and serves as an effective platform for Willis to demonstrate its commitment to clients in delivering innovative risk management solutions in a rapidly changing and risky world.
A lively and interactive Willis Booth (#521) will feature product demonstrations, recently published thought leadership and an opportunity for visitors to meet with Willis senior leadership; including Dominic Casserley, CEO, Willis Group, Steve Hearn, Deputy CEO, Willis Group and Todd Jones, CEO, Willis North America; product experts in Property, Casualty, Cyber, Professional Liability and other lines of insurance; industry experts in construction, health care, financial services, real estate, retail, technology, media and telecommunications; risk control and analytics experts; and key country managers from Willis's Global Network, including, China, Africa, Brazil, Mexico and the U.K. A full booth schedule can be found here.
Willis experts will lead a variety of educational sessions, including:
- Real Estate (IND017): Steven Sachs, Director, Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America
- Technology Media Communications Industry: Deciphering the E&O/Cyber Policy (IND021): Holly Daley, Tech/Media/Telecom Practice, Willis North America
- Loss Forecasting for Beginners: Know Thy Enemy (RIF001): Steven Sachs, Director, Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America
- Score! Culture and Compliance in Brazil: Latin America's Hottest Market (GRM007):Geoffrey Peters, Managing Director, Willis International
- Global Product Liability: Coverages worth Buying and Claims to Learn From (CLM009): Tanja Maffei Chan, SVP, Willis International
- Is Your Talent at Risk? Identifying High-Performing and High-Potential Employees (TAL001): Jennifer Barton, Chief Operating Officer, Willis Human Capital Practice
- Key Strategies for Managing Human Capital Risk (SRM001): Jennifer Barton, Chief Operating Officer, Willis Human Capital Practice
- Into Africa: The Emerging Risks of the Next Business Frontier (GRM003): George Haitsch, EVP, Willis Global Solutions
- Disaster Planning and Managing Large Losses: The Ten Commandments of Success (RIC005): Steven Sachs, Director, Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America
- The Lexicon of Risk Financing Explained (RIF009): Barbara Benson Grinnell, VP, Willis Global Solutions
- Natural Disaster Risks: HR Preparedness and Continuity (TAL002): Jay Kirschbaum, National Practice Leader, Legal & Research Group, Willis Human Capital Practice
- Hot Topic: Global Warming–Science and Exploration: Parker Liautaud, Leader, 2013 Willis Resilience Expedition
As an alternative to the exhibition hall, the Willis Hub will offer delegates a casual place to meet and network in the Hyatt Regency Centennial Ballroom, 3rd floor. In addition, the "Big Event," a Willis cocktail reception, will be held Monday, April 28 at the same venue.
Todd Jones, CEO, Willis North America said, "Resilience is at the heart of every business and an organization's ability to position itself for long term sustainability is critical in today's complex and dynamic global risk environment. With our established analytical capabilities, innovative solutions and our global footprint, Willis stands ready to deliver cutting-edge risk management solutions to help firms navigate a rapidly changing and risky world."
"Willis is proud to be a part of the RIMS experience and we are excited to engage with our clients and business partners to address the key risk management challenges facing firms today," Jones added.
Visitors can follow Willis's participation and coverage of RIMS 2014 via Twitter @WillisGroup and on the Willis Wire blog. For more information on Willis at RIMS please visit http://www.willis.com/events/rims/index.html. To watch the Willis at RIMS video click here.
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 18,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world's leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our Website, www.Willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience, or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WilllisWire. Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.