PORTSMOUTH, N.H., April 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bottomline Technologies (Nasdaq:EPAY) today announced the general availability of the Healthcare 5.1 platform, enhancing eCapture, eSignature, and On-Demand forms functionality. New innovation for integration, deployment, and interaction capabilities makes it simpler than ever to consistently present eCapture and eSignature to patients across health systems. With its focus on ease of use and an intuitive patient and staff experience, the solution is frequently used in areas such as patient access, bedside registration, radiology, and informed consent.
"Our newest innovations allow our customers to deliver a simple, friendly interface to patients and caregivers – providing a means to more efficiently capture discrete data for future informatics and analytics requirements, as well as electronic signatures," said Craig Jones, SVP and GM of Bottomline Healthcare. "We're excited about the early reaction to these innovations and the impact its favorable adoption will have on our increasing market profile."
Enhancements to eCapture and eSignature include:
- Barcode-based forms packet retrieval allows a clinician or caregiver to instantly present pre-filled form packets to patients on Apple iPad ®, iPad Air ™, or iPad mini ™ devices by scanning a patient wristband, enhancing patient safety and improving efficiency
- An all-new, zero footprint, HTML5 web client allows customers to leverage native deployment options spanning web, Microsoft Windows®, and specified Apple iOS devices
- New integration capabilities allow instant presentation, completion, and signature of prefilled form packets from within other applications such as an electronic medical record (EMR), or enterprise content management (ECM) system
- An API level integration with Hyland Software's OnBase solution, whose Healthcare users license the platform as OnBase Mobile eCapture and OnBase Forms On-Demand
Enhancements to On-Demand forms functionality includes:
- Multiple HL7 version support provides the ability to accept inbound data feeds from multiple upstream systems, helping customers who may be working with multiple EMR's or using the solution at multiple locations
- Improvements to HL7 field mapping functionality now allows for validation of field lengths
Affordable care, meaningful use, and increasing merger and acquisition activity are forcing rapid change in healthcare – and creating ever increasing complexity as organizations seek to gain efficiencies. Bottomline is answering this call by providing solutions that streamline patient, revenue and financial processes by making it easier for facilities to capture and move decision critical discrete data anywhere in the enterprise. The results are improved patient experiences, reduced costs and simpler processes. Seamlessly compatible with existing technology investments, product functionality includes mobile data capture, electronic signature, advanced forms automation and output, labels and wristbands, and payments automation. Bottomline proudly serves more than 700 healthcare organizations.
For more information on Bottomline's Healthcare Solutions, please visit www.bottomline.com/healthcare_solutions.html.
* Apple iPad ®, iPad Air ™, or iPad mini ™ devices are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
* Microsoft Windows is either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
About Bottomline Technologies
Bottomline Technologies (Nasdaq:EPAY) provides cloud-based automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and healthcare organizations. Headquartered in the United States, Bottomline also maintains offices in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Bottomline Technologies and the Bottomline Technologies logo are trademarks of Bottomline Technologies (de), Inc. which may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other brand/product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from our expectations as a result of various important factors, including but not limited to competition, market demand, technological change, strategic relationships, recent acquisitions, international operations and general economic conditions. For additional discussion of these and other factors that could impact our operational and financial results, refer to our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013 and subsequent filings. Any forward-looking statements represent our views only as of today and we do not assume any obligation to update such statements.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Emily Schwartz 603-501-4893 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Bottomline Technologies, Inc.