WILMINGTON, Del., April 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- InterDigital, Inc. (Nasdaq:IDCC), a wireless research and development company, will demonstrate its Perceptual Pre-Filter solution for video delivery systems (booth SU12021), at the NAB Show® April 5-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). Members of the InterDigital team will also lead two informational sessions at the event aimed at educating attendees on evolving standards and innovation in video.
"Our Perceptual Pre-Filter solution empowers content publishers to meet today's explosive demand for video, eliminating bandwidth constraint challenges that impact quality of experience," said William Crean, Director of Solutions Management at InterDigital. "The NAB Show is the perfect venue for InterDigital to showcase our new video solutions, and highlight our executive thought leadership in video coding and adaptive video streaming."
Designed based on the science of human visual perception, InterDigital's Perceptual Pre-Filter solution filters out parts of visual content that the human eye cannot see under certain viewing conditions. The removal of unnecessary visual information delivers equivalent perceived quality while reducing bit rates. The system empowers content publishers to fit more channels into existing bandwidth, deliver the best quality on any device, increase revenue potential, and enable more customers to enjoy high quality video.
NAB Show session details:
- What: HEVC Video Coding
- When: Monday, April 7 at 2:00pm PT
- Where: South Hall Meeting Room S227
- Moderator: Dr. Yan Ye, senior manager, InterDigital
- Background: Dr. Yan Ye will lead a session focused on H.265/High Efficiency Video Coding (H.265/HEVC). The next generation in video coding standards developed by the Joint Collaborative Team on Video Coding, H.265/HEVC delivers twice the compression capability as that of H.264/AVC. Dr. Ye's session will educate attendees on new coding technologies included in the H.265/HEVC standard, and compare the compression capability of H.265/HEVC to that of H.264/AVC for typical video applications.
DASH Industry Forum session details:
- What: Ad insertion support for DASH 2.0
- When: Tuesday, April 8 at 2:00pm PT
- Where: Renaissance Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
- Moderator: Alex Giladi, senior manager, InterDigital
- Background: Alex Giladi's session at the DASH Industry Forum will explore ad insertion support in DASH 2.0. He will also review the application of tools provided by the DASH specification for ad insertion, and show how these can be integrated into the existing ecosystem.
InterDigital will also sponsor two NAB Show Super Sessions. The first session, 'Anytime, Anywhere, Any Device – Advanced Mobile Developments', will take place on Tuesday, April 8 at 10:30am PT; 'Advanced Video Technologies – Visions of the Future' is scheduled for Wednesday, April 9 at 10:30am PT.
To request a meeting at the event please email InterDigital@lewispr.com. For the latest updates on the NAB Show, be sure to follow @NABShow on Twitter.
InterDigital develops technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc.
For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com.
CONTACT: Patrick Van de Wille Email: email@example.com +1 (858) 210-4814