CHANHASSEN, Minn., April 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- KorTerra, the leading damage prevention software provider, and Rhino Marking and Protection Systems, damage prevention and marking experts, have teamed up to launch a new product specifically designed for underground utility damage case management, Incident Manager.
When an underground utility is struck during an excavation, important data needs to be collected before locate paint lines/flags disappear and the damage itself is repaired. Collection of this data is essential for all parties involved to ensure that a thorough investigation is conducted. Incident Manager allows users to collect data quickly and easily using the application at the site of the damage on their mobile device and can also be used back at the office once the data is collected. Data collected includes:
- Investigative data: any perishable data that is taken from the site of the damage that quickly diminishes as time passes.
- Witness interviews: interviews from anyone that may have witnessed the damage. This is incredibly important, which is why Incident Manager has a built in module that allows for easy collection of this information.
- Photo attachments and other documentation
- Sketches of the site: using the Sketch tool, users can sketch a rendering of the damage over a map on a Smartphone or tablet.
- Original ticket data: Incident Manager allows for users to generate original one call dig ticket information directly from a state One Call Center. Users of KorWeb, KorTerra's Web-based damage prevention software, can easily generate ticket information through Incident Manager's interface with the software.
When an incident case has been completed, certain parties involved in the case must send required damage reporting information to the Common Ground Alliance (CGA) Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT). Incident Manager allows for users to easily generate reporting information to send to the reporting tool. Incident summary reports can also be generated for internal use.
"Accidents happen and with that damages to underground utilities happen. We hope that with the creation of Incident Manager, investigators will be able to easily collect the critical information needed to represent their cases," said KorTerra President, Chris Stendal. "This will allow investigators to accurately allocate costs and learn from these accidents in an effort to avoid future damages."
KorTerra and Rhino Marking and Protection Systems are partnering to offer this software application to the damage prevention community after finding that many companies involved in underground utility damages are sometimes unable to collect important information during the investigation process.
To learn more about Incident Manager, visit the KorTerra website at www.korterra.com.
About KorTerra, Inc.
KorTerra is the damage prevention industry's most trusted partner in providing quality and comprehensive One Call ticket management software solutions. To learn more about KorTerra, please visit www.korterra.com, or contact via telephone at 952.368.1911.
CONTACT: Ashley Johansen Email: email@example.com