General Motors will take a $1.3 billion charge in the first quarter, the company said on Thursday, stemming from the massive vehicle recall that has battered the company for weeks.
The planned charge includes a previously announced $750 million item, GM said. The company also said it will add ignition lock cylinders to its U.S. safety recall.
"On a preliminary basis, despite the $1.3 billion recall charge, GM currently expects to report solid core operating performance in the first quarter financial results," the company said in its release.
for the latest on the markets.