KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Kansas City chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI Kansas City) today announced four winners of its 2014 Academic Awards for outstanding students in Finance and Accounting, plus one legacy award to an outstanding student who is a child of an FEI Kansas City member. Selected from universities in Kansas and Missouri, the winners received their merit awards at the Academic Awards Night program on Monday, April 14.
Winners of FEI Kansas City's 2014 Academic Awards:
- Alex Chang, of Lee's Summit, MO, majoring in Finance at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, received the McGladrey-FEI Kansas City Academic Award, which is co-sponsored by McGladrey LLP.
- Andrew Borowick of Kansas City, MO, majoring in Accounting at the University of Missouri-Columbia, received an FEI Kansas City Academic Award.
- Courtney Lock of Jefferson City, MO, majoring in Accounting at Rockhurst University, received an FEI Kansas City Academic Award.
- Scott D. Noll, of Winchester, KS, majoring in Accounting and Finance at Washburn University, received an FEI Kansas City Academic Award.
- Madison Grace Hinmon, of Leawood, KS, a Blue Valley High School senior who plans to study Health Sciences at the University of Missouri-Columbia, received the FEI Kansas City Legacy Academic Award.
"As the top networking and professional development group for financial executives in Kansas City, FEI is committed to developing the next generation of finance and accounting leaders," said Stacey Frye, president of the FEI Kansas City chapter. "Education is central to our mission, and FEI Kansas City's annual academic awards promote excellence in the business programs at 15 universities in our region. We are happy to honor these promising young people."
About FEI Kansas City
Financial Executives International (FEI) is the pre-eminent association connecting senior-level financial executives. The FEI Kansas City chapter has about 200 members representing area companies and organizations. FEI Kansas City provides a forum for financial leaders to meet quality people and share solutions to the crucial issues that confront them daily. FEI meetings, professional development seminars and informal outings focus on the highest quality speakers and entertainment to facilitate the flow of new ideas and perspectives, as well as sound career and business decisions.
CONTACT: For more information, contact: Dick Johnson 913.649.8885 or firstname.lastname@example.orgSource: FEI Kansas City