OVERLAND PARK, Kan., April 16, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black & Veatch recorded the top ranking worldwide in telecommunications for U.S.-based engineering companies, according to the just-released Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms report. This is the fifth consecutive year that Black & Veatch has achieved the number one ranking in telecommunications.
In ENR's Top 500 list, Black & Veatch also ranked 3rd in Power, 6th in water and 8th in sewer and waste. The company is ranked 16th overall on the Top 500 list and 15th in the Top 50 Designers in International Markets list.
"Our performance in 2013 was the result of strong global demand for large-scale infrastructure development across each of our operating groups," said Steve Edwards, Chairman, President and CEO. "Demand for Critical Human Infrastructure in energy, water and communications is being driven by population growth, rising standards of living and greater access to information in emerging markets. Similarly, clients in the more developed countries of the world are focused on their needs for greater efficiency, network intelligence, resiliency and the challenges of aging infrastructure."
Black & Veatch projects in 2013 included:
- Delivery of a $627 million prime engineering, procurement and construction role for Alliant Energy's air quality control retrofit project in Wisconsin.
- The design and build of pilot sites for the U.S. build-out of electric car charging stations for Tesla through the company's Smart Integrated Infrastructure program.
- Use of proprietary PRICO technology for the world's first floating LNG unit, as well as delivery of 30 liquefied natural gas (LNG) production plants worldwide.
- Services for a major desalination project in Chile for the world's largest copper mine.
- A water supply project in Midland, Texas, that in less than 12 months helped to alleviate the effects of a prolonged drought.
- Program monitoring services at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- A study for the state of Alaska on the proposed development of the Alaska LNG Project, which would be one of the largest in the world.
- The overall growth in business is being met by the more than 10,000 Black & Veatch experts who are delivering engineering, construction, consulting and technical-related solutions.
- ENR is an industry publication of the McGraw-Hill Companies. ENR provides news, analysis, commentary and data that construction industry professionals use to do their jobs more effectively. It has been published since 1917.
- The Top 500 Rankings are based on revenues. Black & Veatch's total revenue for 2013 was $3.6 billion.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2013 were US$3.6 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
CONTACT: Media Contact Information: PATRICK MACELROY | + 1 212 973 1339 ext.18 P | + 1 516 477 0914 M | MacElroyP@bv.com LINDA LEA | +1 913 458 4629 P | +1 913 951 9614 M | LeaLA@bv.com 24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866 496 9149
Source:Black & Veatch Holding Company