FarmVille 2: Country Escape Begins Global Roll-Out Across Mobile Platforms Starting Today
New Social Controls Give Players More Choice in How to Connect With Friends, Send Valuable Goods to FarmVille 2 on Facebook with Connected Rewards, and Play in Offline Mode with No Internet Connection
SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For the more than 400 million players that have played FarmVille and FarmVille 2 worldwide, it's now time to farm on the go. Zynga (Nasdaq:ZNGA), a leading social game developer, is proud to announce the launch of FarmVille 2: Country Escape, giving players a brand new mobile FarmVille game at their fingertips – anytime, anywhere and any way they want. Starting today, the game will begin its global roll out on the App Store for iPhone and iPad and on Google Play. Available for free, FarmVille 2: Country Escape offers an unprecedented level of choice and provides players a mobile game uniquely tailored for them and how they want to play.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24829
"FarmVille pioneered social gaming on the web, and with FarmVille 2: Country Escape we've reimagined the franchise as a mobile experience to match how players want to connect with their farm and with their friends," said Jonathan Knight, vice president of games, at Zynga. "The foundation of the mobile game was built on listening to player feedback, so we've added features such as giving players the choice to play with friends or on their own, connectivity between the mobile game and FarmVille 2 on Facebook and the ability to play offline. We've created an experience where all FarmVille fans will feel right at home. As we focus on growing and sustaining this beloved franchise, we're proud for FarmVille 2: Country Escape to usher in a new chapter of FarmVille on the go."
Set in an all new coastal location, FarmVille 2: Country Escape challenges players to restore their family farm by growing crops, nurturing animals, collecting rare treasures, crafting goods to sell to local merchants and trading with friends.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape harvests a crop of new features including:
- Farm Your Way with New Social Control Features: FarmVille 2:Country Escape redefines the FarmVille social experience by offering players more choice in how they play with friends. For the first time in FarmVille history, players can play a single player experience in Anonymous Mode, completing quests, selling goods and expanding their farms at their own pace. For the more socially inclined, players can connect directly from their device's GameCenter or Google Play Games Services to collaborate with fellow farmers and trade goods. Players can also connect to Facebook to access all social features, visit their Facebook friends' farms and share special "Speed Seed" with friends to accelerate progress. FarmVille 2: Country Escape also includes more ways for players to work together to build a thriving farm. Create and join Farm Co-Ops to share Helping Hands, chat with friends directly in the game, and compete for the most thriving Co-Op on the global leaderboard.
- Farm at Home with Connected Rewards: For players of FarmVille 2 on Facebook, FarmVille 2: Country Escape includes a deep, Connected Rewards system which allows them to transfer valuable goods – like water and sugar – between mobile and web farms. FarmVille 2 Facebook players will also be greeted by a special, in-game welcome basket with special rewards.
- Farm On the Go in Offline Mode: Players can also enjoy FarmVille 2: Country Escape in offline mode without an internet connection, playing at their own pace and connecting to the Internet later to save progress.
- Feel the Farm and Escape to the Coast: FarmVille 2: Country Escape's beautiful graphics and animation immerse players in a relaxing coastal world that springs to life at every touch. Nurture lovable animals, decorate to express your inner farmer, and go on Farm Adventures to find rare goods in this all new mobile-optimized experience.
In addition to FarmVille 2: Country Escape, current players of FarmVille 2 on the web will also have more to look forward to as Zynga continues to roll out new features based on player demand, such as Big Harvest, a new update that allows players to upgrade buildings and make their farms more bountiful than ever.
"Thank you for creating FarmVille 2 – the game has truly changed my life and helped reunite me with my fiancé," said Sonya Reynolds, a FarmVille 2 player from Morristown, New Jersey. "When we heard about FarmVille coming to mobile, we were so excited to play! I'm a loyal FarmVille 2 player and love the idea of having a mobile farm connected to my web game and being able to chat directly with my friends. This is exactly what I've been waiting for."
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is available in 16 languages, including English, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Italian, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Turkish, Japanese, Russian and Indonesian.
The game is available starting today for download on the App Store for iPhone and iPad and Google Play. FarmVille 2: Country Escape will be coming soon to Kindle tablets in the coming months. For more information on FarmVille 2: Country Escape visit the game's community channels at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FarmVille2
- Blog: http://zyngablog.typepad.com/farmville_2/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/farmville2
- Google Plus: http://zynga.tm/b3IC
Game logo and images can be found here: https://zynga.box.com/s/18tcopvxl6o88c4dt7hv
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by more than 100 million monthly consumers. The company has created evergreen franchises such as FarmVille, Zynga Casino and Words With Friends. Zynga's NaturalMotion, an Oxford-based mobile game and technology developer, is the creator of hit mobile games in popular entertainment categories, including CSR Racing, CSR Classics and Clumsy Ninja. Zynga games have been played by more than 1 billion people around the world and are available on a number of global platforms including Apple iOS, Google Android, Facebook and Zynga.com. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif.
The Zynga Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=11743
This release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, the launch of FarmVille 2: Country Escape, features for the game, features for FarmVille 2 on Facebook, connectivity of the game (including connectivity to FarmVille 2 on Facebook), the success of the game, the ability of our players to connect through games, our expectations for the FarmVille franchise, our commitment to grow and sustain the FarmVille franchise, our ability to create new, breakthrough mobile experiences for our players, and the future launch of the game on the Kindle platform. The success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks. Actual results could differ materially from those predicted or implied. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, among other things, our relationship with and/or agreements with Android and iOS platform providers and/or changes to the Android or iOS platforms, our relationship with Facebook or changes in the Facebook platform, changes in player interests, our ability to develop and release new hit games generally, our ability to deliver these games in a timely fashion and our ability to anticipate and address technical challenges that may arise. More information about the risks Zynga faces is included in our quarterly and annual reports filed with the SEC, copies of which may be obtained at http://investor.zynga.com or the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this release. We assume no obligation to update such statements.
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Zynga Contact: Bryan Pope firstname.lastname@example.org (917) 991-7728