REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that its annual user conference, Informatica World 2014, will feature keynote presentations from Informatica Chairman and CEO, Sohaib Abbasi; renowned futurist and inventor Ray Kurzweil; data artist Jer Thorp; and co-founder of DataKind and scientist-in-residence at IA Ventures Drew Conway. The conference, now in its 14th year (register here), will be held May 12-15, at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Informatica World is the premier data management event for developers, data scientists, executives and partners to learn about trends and leading technologies that enable organizations to realize the full potential of their information and gain competitive advantage. This year's conference theme is: The Power of Data.
Informatica World 2014 attendees will immerse themselves in all things data, pushing the boundaries of how they think about the power of data to transform careers, businesses, lives and society. They will also learn about Informatica's forward-thinking innovations, industry-leading platform and powerful partner ecosystem -- all designed to unleash information potential. During the show, Informatica and industry leaders will also discuss the latest trends involving big data, cloud integration, data governance, data security, master data management and data integration across the industry and in key verticals.
Special Pre-Conference Day sessions on May 12 will include deep-dives into state-of-the-art Master Data Management (MDM), Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) and Cloud Data Integration, as well as a full-day Introduction to Big Data and Hadoop offered through Informatica University. The conference will also feature exciting keynotes, six focused paths within four breakout tracks, more than 100 expert-led sessions, a Hands-On Lab, a Solutions Expo, Birds-of-a-Feather Discussion Groups and numerous networking opportunities. Informatica World 2014 currently has over 35 sponsors, including Platinum sponsors Accenture, Cognizant and Deloitte Consulting LLP.
During the course of the conference, keynoters:
- Sohaib Abbasi will lay out Informatica's vision for this new data-centric world, and explain the coming innovations that will take the concept of a data platform to an entirely new level.
- Ray Kurzweil will discuss his vision of the future of humanity, where accelerating technologies will blur the line between human and machine, and the cloud will give access to non-biological extensions to thinking.
- Jer Thorp will demonstrate how cutting-edge visualization techniques can be used to tell stories and make data more "human."
- Drew Conway will illustrate how data can positively affect the world today and help solve some of society's biggest problems in the future.
Additional Informatica executive presenters include Anil Chakravarthy, chief product officer, Ivan Chong, chief strategy officer, and Marge Breya, chief marketing officer.
Informatica World is also the home of the Informatica Innovation Awards, given to organizations since 2000, demonstrating leadership in using Informatica solutions to drive innovation and business success. Finalists were announced in April and the winners will be announced at Informatica World.
Tweet this : Visionary keynotes at Informatica World 2014: All Things #Data http://bit.ly/1ttfNWG #IW2014 @InformaticaCorp
- "The onset of the 21st century will be an era in which the very nature of what it means to be human will be both enriched and challenged, as our species breaks the shackles of its genetic legacy, and achieves inconceivable heights of intelligence, material progress and longevity," said Ray Kurzweil, renowned futurist and inventor. "Information technology is exploding at an exponential pace. By 2020, we will have the means to program our biology away from disease and aging. Three-dimensional molecular computing will provide the hardware for human-level 'strong' artificial intelligence well before 2030. In the 2030s, nanobots will travel through the blood stream and enter the brain noninvasively through the capillaries. They will put our neocortex on the cloud where we will access nonbiological extensions to our thinking. So just as today if I need to access thousands of computers for a few seconds, I can do that wirelessly in the cloud. In the 2030s, we'll be able to access additional neocortex in the cloud directly from our brains. We will thereby become a hybrid of biological and nonbiological thinking. At the center of it all is intelligence. It is critical to be able to deliver actionable information to the right person at the right time to achieve positive results. Now, more than ever, data truly has the ability to change people's lives."
- "Informatica World 2014 is all about the pivotal role of data in shaping our businesses and lives," said Marge Breya, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Informatica. "From finance and healthcare to retail and services to education and entertainment, data truly is at the center of everything, and Informatica customers are at the center of innovating how data is combined, managed and used. Informatica World provides information professionals an unparalleled opportunity to meet with industry experts and peers, discover what is new and gain valuable insights in unleashing the full power and potential of data."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica MDM, Informatica ILM, Informatica Cloud, Informatica University, the Informatica Platform, and Informatica Vibe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.