Facebook has come a long way since it was founded in a Harvard dorm room 10 years ago. The social media giant is now worth $210 billion and, by the looks of it, has no intention to slow down.
Here are eight remarkable facts about the social network.
1. Facebook has the same amount of monthly users (1.35 billion) as China—the world's most populous country— has people.
2. There are more than one trillion posts on Facebook.
3. At 1.35 billion, Facebook has more monthly active users than WhatsApp (500 million), Twitter (284 million) and Instagram (200 million)—combined (it owns Instagram and WhatsApp, to boot). The social giant spent $20 billion over the last two years on WhatsApp and Instagram.
4. More than 1.1 billion people use Facebook on a mobile device on a monthly basis. That's 1/7 of the people on planet Earth.
6. Facebook has 1 billion more users than Twitter has.
7. Apple is sitting on $155 billion, which is enough cash to purchase seven WhatsApps. Facebook scooped up the mobile messaging app for what is now $22 billion.
8. Facebook has 1.5 million active advertisers, COO Sheryl Sandberg told CNBC.