MIRAMAR, Fla., May 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq:SAVE) today launched service on many new routes and resumed seasonal service in multiple markets, with more starting over the course of this summer.
"Spirit's expanding list of routes plus additional frequencies is a testament to the popularity of our unbundled fares. Unlike other airlines, Spirit unbundles options likes bags and drinks allowing our customers to save by paying only for what they use - and that resonates well with them," said Mark Kopczak, Spirit's Vice President, Network Planning. "We're adding or resuming service on 30 routes, including new service to Kansas City on August 7, 2014. Additionally, many Spirit routes will have additional flights this summer. For example, our Fort Lauderdale to Lima, Peru service will again increase to daily service for the busy summer season."
To celebrate this kickoff for summer, Spirit is running a $24 off* promotion on vacation packages. Book a vacation package for travel between May 5, 2014 through June 18, 2014 (blackout dates apply) and you'll save $24 off* the flight portion of your package. Simply enter 24OFFPK (all caps, no spaces) in the Promotion Code box on the home page when booking to get these savings! All packages must be booked by 11:59pm on May 2, 2014. Customers can check out all of Spirit's crazy low fares and vacation packages available to all of these destinations offered every day at www.spirit.com and also sign up to receive alerts on Spirit's email deals and offers.
|New Routes Starting Summer 2014|
|Chicago/O'Hare||Oakland/San Francisco Bay||May 1, 2014||Year Round|
|Minneapolis-St. Paul||Baltimore/Washington, DC||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Minneapolis-St. Paul||Houston/Bush Intercontinental||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Chicago/O'Hare||Baltimore/Washington, DC||May 22, 2014||Seasonal|
|Chicago/O'Hare||Portland, OR||May 22, 2014||Seasonal|
|Minneapolis-St. Paul||Detroit||May 22, 2014||Seasonal|
|Houston/Bush Intercontinental||Atlanta||August 1, 2014||Year Round|
|Houston/Bush Intercontinental||New Orleans||August 1, 2014||Year Round|
|Fort Lauderdale||New Orleans||August 1, 2014||Year Round|
|Kansas City||Chicago/O'Hare||August 7, 2014||Year Round|
|Kansas City||Dallas/Fort Worth||August 7, 2014||Year Round|
|Kansas City||Detroit||August 7, 2014||Year Round|
|Kansas City||Las Vegas||August 7, 2014||Year Round|
|Kansas City||Houston/Bush Intercontinental||August 8, 2014||Year Round|
|Houston/Bush Intercontinental||Fort Lauderdale||September 3, 2014||Year Round|
|Houston/Bush Intercontinental||San Diego||September 3, 2014||Year Round|
|Resuming Routes In Summer 2014|
|Atlantic City||Atlanta||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Atlantic City||Chicago/O'Hare||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Atlantic City||Detroit||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Boston||Chicago/O'Hare||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Boston||Dallas/Fort Worth||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Dallas/Fort Worth||Myrtle Beach||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Dallas/Fort Worth||Oakland/San Francisco Bay||May 1, 2014||Year Round|
|Dallas/Fort Worth||Portland, OR||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Detroit||Los Angeles||May 1, 2014||Year Round|
|Fort Lauderdale||Kingston, Jamaica||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Fort Lauderdale||Punta Cana, Dominican Rep.||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Minneapolis-St. Paul||Denver||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Orlando||San Juan||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
|Plattsburgh, NY/Montreal Area||Myrtle Beach||May 1, 2014||Seasonal|
Terms and Conditions
Coupon usage/booking must be made on spirit.com by 11:59 PM on May 2, 2014. This offer is valid only on new, non-refundable roundtrip vacation package bookings made at spirit.com for travel from May 5, 2014 through June 18, 2014. The coupon code does NOT apply to $9 Fare Club exclusive fares (including O and N classes of service), U class fares and also Y class fares, which are our highest fares and may be the only fares available on certain dates or flights. Coupon offers are valid only with fares of $49 each way or higher at spirit.com for travel between the specified dates in each offer. Coupon applies to the flight portion of a vacation package only. Coupon does not apply to the Passenger Usage Fee (up to $16.99 each way) or DOT Unintended Consequences Fee ($2.00 each way) which are included in the Base Fare. This promotion is only available at spirit.com and customers must enter the promotional code 24OFFPK to receive this offer. This offer cannot be combined with other promotional code offers and is not valid on the travel agency website. Lower fares generally available at the airport and are subject to availability. To become a member of Spirit Airlines $9 Fare Club, click here for membership details and Terms and Conditions. Not all markets are operated on a daily basis during the travel period, or necessarily for the entire travel period -- please see www.spirit.com for details.
Air Travel within the United States
Quoted fare includes the base fare plus any applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.
The following government taxes and fees apply to your domestic air travel:
- A 7.5 percent Federal Excise Tax (except for award bookings)
- September 11th Security Fee: A September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 applies per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport up to $10 per round trip.
- Domestic Segment Tax: A segment tax of $4.00 per U.S. domestic flight segment (a flight segment is defined as one takeoff and landing) (except for award bookings)
- Passenger Facility Charges (PFC): Up to $18 per round trip per customer in local airport charges (except for award bookings)
The following carrier fees apply to your domestic air travel (except for award bookings):
- Passenger Usage Fee: Passenger Usage Fee of $16.99 per one way travel per traveling customer applies to most reservations. A lower fee of $8.99 may apply to certain discount fares. No fee applies to bookings completed at Spirit Airlines' airport locations.
- Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations Fee: Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations Fee of $2.00 per one way travel per traveling customer applies to most reservations. No fee will apply to certain discount fares
International Air Travel (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
Quoted fare includes the base fare plus any applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges.
The following government taxes and fees apply to your international air travel:
- International arrival/departure tax of $17.50 for each arrival and departure to and from the U.S. (except for award bookings)
- September 11th Security Fee: A September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 applies per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport up to $10 per roundtrip.
- APHIS User Fee of up to $5.00 per traveling customer upon arrival to the U.S.
- Immigration User Fee of up to $7.00 per traveling customer upon arrival to the U.S.
- Customs User Fee of up to $5.50 per traveling customer upon arrival to the U.S.
- Passenger Facility Charges: Up to $9.00 each way per traveling customer for departures from certain U.S. airports (except for award bookings)
- Non-U.S. government taxes and fees
The following carrier fees apply to your international air travel (except for award bookings):
- Passenger Usage Fee: Passenger Usage Fee of $16.99 per one way travel per traveling customer applies to most international reservations excluding bookings completed at Spirit Airlines' airport locations as well as flights originating in or departing from airports in Colombia. A lower fee of $8.99 may apply to certain discount fares.
- Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations Fee: Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations Fee of $2.00 per one way travel per traveling customer applies to most international reservations. No fee will apply to certain discount fares.
All Air Travel
- Most fares include Fuel Pass Through
- All fares are subject to change until purchased
- Subject to certain exceptions and/or restrictions set forth in Spirit Airlines' Contract of Carriage, all reservations are non-refundable and transferable (for a fee) except that refunds are allowed for reservations made 7 days or more prior to departure and provided that a refund request is made within 24 hours of initial reservation. Changes or cancellations made to itineraries will be subject to change fees, any fare differential, any differences in government taxes and fees and, with the exception of fees for carry-on bags and first and second checked-in bags, any difference in carrier ancillary charges.
- For a complete list of rules and regulations please refer to Spirit Airlines' Contract of Carriage.
Vacation Packages/Car Rentals
Rates include flight and hotel taxes and fees. Car rental rates do not include taxes, airport fees, insurance, extras (such as GPS, child seat, etc.), underage driver charges (if applicable) or fuel costs, all of which must be paid directly to the rental car company and are subject to change by each individual State and/or location.
Charges For Additional Options Apply
Additional charges for checked and carry-on bags, itinerary changes and advance seat assignments may apply.
About Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq:SAVE) empowers customers to save money on air travel by offering ultra- low base fares with a range of optional services for a fee, allowing customers the freedom to choose only the extras they value. This innovative approach grows the traveling market and stimulates new economic activity while creating new jobs. Spirit's modern fleet, configuration and other innovations enable Spirit to burn less fuel per seat than competitors, making Spirit one of the most environmentally-friendly U.S. carriers. Spirit's all-Airbus fleet currently operates more than 270 daily flights to 55 destinations within the U.S., Latin America and Caribbean. Visit Spirit at www.spirit.com.
CONTACT: Media Inquiries: MediaRelations@spirit.com / 954-628-4827