San Francisco, CA, May 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Starting today, you can turn your selfie into a groupie. Cymera, a popular free camera app for selfies and portrait editing used by 90 million people worldwide, has unveiled first-of-its-kind social editing for portraits and private album sharing, allowing friends to interact in a unique and fun photo playground. Cymera 2.0 is available for free in Google Play with an iOS app planned for June.
Developed by SK Communications, Cymera 2.0 builds on the immensely popular all-in-one selfie camera and photo editor app with the ability to privately share, group edit and enhance pictures. The new social editing features allow users to invite a select group of friends to collaborate and have fun editing the same picture together. You can beautify images with new hairstyles and makeup, enhance them with lighting or effects like Big Eyes and Slim Face, or make your own comics with cool speech bubbles. If playful payback is in order, you can manipulate faces or blow up heads. In addition, you can enhance pictures easily with variety of filters, light effects and thousands of deco items. Once perfected, your groupie can be posted to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
"Our new social editing features are a first for any photo app, and they're a great way for friends and family to connect and communicate in a visual way," said Minho Kang, Managing Director for the Cymera business division of SK communications. "Cymera creates a photo playground and takes selfies to a whole new level. It's also a great tool for 'groupies,' or selfies with multiple people, because each person can be involved in the editing process no matter where they are."
Cymera 2.0 has a ton of features that enable you to capture, share and retouch your favorite portraits in just a few clicks, including:
● Powerful Camera: To start, choose between seven DSLR-inspired camera lenses. Plus, select from shot options like Focus, Anti-Shake, Timer, Self-Portrait and Touch Shot.
● Private Sharing: Create and share photos with your friends through private albums where you can edit and collaborate on photos together.
● Retouch: You and your friends can add to your pics by using retouching tools, including new face-pop tools that let you blow up heads.
● Beautifying Effects: Face detection technology allows Cymera to locate every trait of your face and apply relevant effects such as Big Eyes, Slim Face, Smile, Brightening and Clear Spots. Plus, select from more than 70 hair and makeup items to completely transform your look.
● Decorations: Choose from more than 800 decorations, including stickers, frames, speech bubbles and stamps or a variety of paint brush items, as well as text functions with numerous fonts and style.
● Storytelling Collage: When one pic isn't enough, craft cool photo stories with custom or freestyle collage layouts.
● Filters: Use the effects of approximately 100 filters, lights, and borders to change the ambience of your photos and bring them to life. Adjust the intensity so it looks more natural than ever.
● Oldies, But Goodies: Edit using all the old standards, such as cropping, rotation, contrast, and saturation.
● Public Sharing: Once you've worked with your friends to create the perfect images, choose if you want to share pics to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
Developed by SK communications, Cymera initially launched on March 2012. It is an innovative camera and editing app with automatic beautifying effects, facial mapping technology, filters, collages, and more. With more than 90 million downloads worldwide, Cymera 2.0 now offers social features called "social editing" that allows users to share pictures with friends via private albums, and to communicate and jointly edit pictures with fun 'retouch' features. For more information, check out Cymera's website and Facebook page.
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: Brooke Hughes, Lyman PR firstname.lastname@example.org 970-377-3120 Source:SK Communications