TAMPA, Fla., May 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014 Award in Florida. Award recipients will be announced at a special gala event on Thursday, June 12 at the Hilton Orlando.
"These finalists were selected from 70 nominations by a panel of independent judges," says Greg Rosica, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Florida program partner. "Collectively, these finalists grew their employment by 19 percent and their revenues by nearly 32 percent between 2011 and 2013."
Rosica adds that this award program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
This year Stuart A. Miller, CEO of Lennar Corp in Miami, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Florida finalists are:
- Health Care category, Daniel A. Balda, M.D., CEO, Medicomp, Inc, Melbourne
- Family Business category, Robert D. Finfrock, President, FINFROCK, Apopka
- Financial Services category, Gideon T. Haymaker, CEO, Seaside National Bank & Trust, Orlando
- Family Business category, Kenneth E. LaRoe, Chairman and CEO, First Green Bank, Mount Dora
- Services category, Craig Mateer, Founder and CEO, Bags, Inc., Orlando
- Family Business category, John J. Rattigan, Jr., President and CEO, Colorado Boxed Beef Co., Auburndale
- Hospitality and Leisure, Stephen P. Weisz, President and CEO, Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Orlando
- Hospitality and Leisure category, Brian Wheeler, Founder, Tijuana Flats, Altamonte Springs
- Services category, Todd M. Wilcox, CEO, Patriot Capitol, LLC., Orlando
- Health Care category, Richard A. Caplin, CEO, The HCI Group, Jacksonville
- Technology category, David Dyell, CEO, iSirona, LLC, Panama City
- Distribution and Manufacturing category, Anthony Alfonso, President and CEO, Nutri-Force Nutrition, Miami Lakes
- Emerging category, Daniel Cane, Co-Founder, President and CEO, Modernizing Medicine, Boca Raton
- Services category, Joseph J. Incandela, CEO, Cross Country Home Services, Fort Lauderdale
- Family Business category, John A. Kanas, Chairman and CEO, BankUnited, Miami Lakes
- Distribution and Manufacturing category, Amin Rahman Ramjee, President and CEO, BEL USA LLC, Medley
- Emerging category, Albert Santalo, CEO CareCloud, Miami
- Hospitality and Leisure category, Kevin Sheehan, President and CEO, Norwegian Cruise Line, Miami
West Central Florida:
- Health Care category, Jeff W. Bak, President and CEO, HealthPlan Services, Inc., Tampa
- Distribution and Manufacturing category, Michael Benstock, CEO Superior Uniform Group Inc., Seminole
- Technology category, Barry Shevlin, CEO, Vology, Oldsmar
- Family Business category, Michael A. Wynn, President, Sunshine Ace Hardware, Bonita Springs
- Technology category, Arnie Bellini III, CEO, and David Bellini, COO, ConnectWise, Tampa
- Retail and Consumer Products category, Todd Christopher, Founder and CEO, Vogue International, Clearwater
- Emerging category, Bobby Harris, President and CEO, BlueGrace Logistics, Riverview
- Services category, Scott V. Dols, CEO, Big Truck Rental LLC, Tampa
- Family Business category, Larry C. Morgan, CEO, Morgan Family Ventures, Tampa
- Retail and Consumer Products category, Mark B. Pentecost, President and CEO, It Works!, Bradenton
Now in its 28th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in more than 140 cities and 50 countries throughout the world. Regional award recipients go on to compete at the national level. Award recipients in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year overall award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif., on Nov. 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation's most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP Americas and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Florida platinum sponsors are Fifth Third Bank, Holland & Knight, Tribridge and Vaco; silver sponsors RFB Communications Group and Scherzer International and media sponsor Smart Business Network.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY's Strategic Growth Markets
EY's Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Suzie Boland RFB Communications Group 813-259-0345 email@example.comSource:Ernst & Young LLP