SAN JOSE, Calif., May 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:UBNT), a next-generation communications technology company, today announced that it has launched UniFi Video, a new line of video surveillance camera control software and a new generation of cameras – the UVC, UVC-Dome, and UVC-Pro models – to join the UniFi family of products. The new camera control software will be backwards compatible with all Ubiquiti airVision cameras, significantly improving the UI and functionality of the existing airVision platform.
The new offerings will include the addition of numerous enterprise-grade features, including:
- Advanced recording. All units support 720P recording, IR illumination, and a high-quality sensor. UVC Pro cameras also support 1080p recording, extreme weather protection and 3x zoom.
- Live view and HD feed capability. Live view allows you to view multiple live camera feeds in highly customizable arrangements, and live feeds and recordings are high resolution supporting up to 1080p/30FPS.
- Simple configuration and software/firmware upgrades. Deep integration with our cameras allow you to configure and upgrade any number of cameras easily and quickly all within the UniFi Video user interface.
- Comprehensive controller dashboard. Interactive statistical graphs aid in quickly finding and viewing recordings, and zone analytics allow you to precisely define areas of interest for motion recording and notification, including a heat map for motion-triggered video recordings.
- Access controls. User and user group functionality gives access for multiple users with different permissions.
- Easy remote management. Email alerts allow near instant notification of when motion occurs and a mobile web UI allows the viewing of recordings and status of security while on the road or away from location.
- Broadcast capability to third-party software. The controller can broadcast managed video streams to third-party software to manage and review video feeds.
"We have invested significant R&D in fine tuning our video surveillance technology and developing UniFi Video," said Ben Moore, vice president of business development at Ubiquiti Networks. "The launch of UniFi Video allows us to extend the capability of UniFi, adding more value to our Enterprise Technology offerings."
For more information on UniFi Video, visit http://uv.ubnt.com/.
About Ubiquiti Networks
Ubiquiti Networks (Nasdaq:UBNT) is closing the digital divide by building network communication platforms for everyone and everywhere. With over 20 million devices deployed in over 180 countries, Ubiquiti is transforming under-networked businesses and communities. Our leading edge platforms, airMAX®, UniFi®, airFiber®, airVision®, mFi® and EdgeMAX® combine innovative technology, disruptive price performance and the support of a global user community to eliminate barriers to connectivity. For more information, join our community at http://www.ubnt.com.
Ubiquiti, the Ubiquiti logo, Ubiquiti Networks, airMAX, NanoBeam, airFiber, airVision, UniFi, mFi, EdgeMAX, EdgeRouter, InnerFeed, xRT, and World Network are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
The Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24865
Safe Harbor for Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements other than statements of historical fact including words such as "look," "will," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "project," "expect," "consider," "schedule" and "plan" and statements in the future tense are forward looking statements. The statements in this press release that could be deemed forward-looking statements include statements regarding release of new products and expected performance, price-performance disruptiveness, growth prospects, product applications, expected performance and potential benefits, market positioning, short and long-term opportunities, and any statements or assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Also, forward-looking statements represent our management's beliefs and assumptions only as of the date made. Ubiquiti Networks undertakes no obligation to update information contained in this press release. You should review our SEC filings carefully, particularly the discussions under the heading "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended June 30, 2013 and other filings filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that identify risks that could cause actual results to differ from those made in such forward-looking statements. Copies may be obtained by contacting the Ubiquiti Networks Investor Relations Department by email at IR@ubnt.com or by visiting the Investor Relations section of the Ubiquiti Networks website, http://ir.ubnt.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Ben Moore Vice President, Business Development Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org