PETALUMA, CALIF., May 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HydroPoint Data Systems, the established leader in smart water management solutions for the last mile, today announced important new tools and updated features in the Spring Release of its WeatherTRAK® Central™ Internet Management software, available with its line of WeatherTRAK® smart irrigation controllers. The Company also launched its newest flow management accessory, WeatherTRAK® FlowShare™, as it continues to pioneer and deliver comprehensive smart irrigation solutions that help commercial and municipal organizations maximize water and operational savings while minimizing risk related to their landscape irrigation management.
"As a veteran provider of smart water management solutions for urban landscapes and a company headquartered in one of the regions hardest hit by the ongoing drought, we knew we had to evolve our Web-based tools to help our customers better configure and manage their drought response and water window compliance. We also knew that current flow management accessories on the market fell short at a time when we cannot afford to waste even a drop of water," said Chris Spain, President & CEO of HydroPoint. "Our Spring Release specifically tackles these issues enhancing our industry-leading water savings capabilities while optimizing water management and overall work flow."
The WeatherTRAK Central Spring Release specifically includes the following new management tools:
- Drought Manager – Helps site managers proactively adhere to drought restrictions avoiding fines and penalties. Site managers can easily set up, track, and manage compliance for each stage of their local water agency's drought program including configuring site-specific drought response plans and ongoing monitoring. Drought Manager also integrates state-specific U.S. Drought Monitor information and Drought Map and recommends how to best utilize WeatherTRAK's robust feature set to remotely make controller changes in the field.
- Water Window Compliance – Provides site managers with a compliance validation tool minimizing fines and liabilities by ensuring each site is meeting water agency or site-specific water window policies. Site managers easily enter single or multi-site water window policies and receive real-time irrigation water window tracking and diagnostic reports to determine non-compliant settings and sites.
Additional enhancements were also made to:
- Water Budget Manager – The newest version allows site-to-site and year-over-year water comparisons of water consumption units and associated dollars with enhanced graphing options.
- Advanced Account Administration – New multi-level access management makes it easier for administrators to manage users, including allowing full access control to authorized people reducing their administrative overhead.
- Controller Reporting – A new scheduled Multi-Controller Change Analysis Report to more easily monitor and analyze controller settings within the system.
Building on HydroPoint's existing flow management solutions including the latest FlowLink™ XT Plus, the new WeatherTRAK® FlowShare™ accessory easily "drops into" existing or new sites allowing two smart controllers to share a single source of water. Additionally and unlike competitive offerings, it also provides direct control of the site's master valve ensuring a quick automatic response to emergency on-site catastrophic breaks and leaks. According to HydroPoint channel partner, Joe Jackson of Sprinkler Supply Company, the new WeatherTRAK FlowShare product "is a very simple and straight-forward installation. I handed the box to the customer, stepped back, and let him do the installation. He had no problems at all."
For more information on the latest enhancements to HydroPoint's WeatherTRAK smart irrigation management solution, please visit www.hydropoint.com/spring-2014/.
About HydroPoint Data Systems
HydroPoint is the established leader in smart water management solutions targeting the area of greatest waste in urban water use, landscape irrigation. As an EPA WaterSense® Partner, the Company offers WeatherTRAK®, the preeminent smart irrigation system for commercial and municipal landscapes for over a decade with over 28,000 smart controllers installed at leading organizations across the U.S. Proven in over 25 independent studies, including achieving perfect scores during its EPA WaterSense certification, WeatherTRAK delivers maximum water savings, operational efficiency, and risk reduction vs. alternative solutions – saving four times more water than any other technology. In 2013 alone, thousands of HydroPoint subscribers saved 20 billion gallons of water, 77 million kilowatt hours, and 103 million pounds of CO2 illustrating that smart water management makes for smart organizations. For more information, visit www.hydropoint.com.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=25396
CONTACT: Hanah Van Borek Magnolia Marketing Communications Direct: (778) 322-8967 Email: email@example.com
Source:HydroPoint Data Systems