Informatica World, Las Vegas, May 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the winners of the 2014 Informatica Innovation Awards. Twelve organizations were presented with this prestigious honor during a reception on May 13 at Informatica World in Las Vegas, Nevada. The annual Informatica Innovation Awards recognize data-centric organizations that have demonstrated leadership in using Informatica solutions to help drive innovation and business advantage.
Carefully chosen from more than 5,000 Informatica customers, Innovation Awards winners are organizations that are transforming their businesses by using Informatica solutions to help unleash the full potential of their data. The 2014 Innovation Awards categories and winners include:
- Application Modernization with Hybrid IT:
- Addivant - Addivant replaced its existing manually intensive financial analysis and reporting process with a fully automated, easy to consume, cloud-based analytical solution to integrate all its data. Addivant now integrates on-premise and cloud data, empowering sales teams with a centralized pricing dashboard, resulting in a faster, more efficient sales cycle with higher close rates.
- Big Data:
- Western Union - Western Union helps loved ones near and far stay connected by moving money around the globe. The 160-year old company is evolving its business model, supported by a data strategy that will help enable expansion of digital products, growth of web and mobile channels, and a more personalized online customer experience. See video.
- Intuit with Cloudera - Intuit is using data to delight its 45 million customers by creating better products and breakthrough benefits. Powering this is the Intuit Analytics Cloud, which enables data-driven product development, data science and analytics. Having the capability to capture data from many sources in real time and load it into Hadoop increases developer productivity and Intuit's ability to use data, with its customer's permission, to create awesome products and experiences for them.
- Customer Centricity:
- GE Aviation - GE Aviation improves aviation operations and regulatory compliance, reduces risk and supports 4,000+ airline customers by providing operations managers and customers a 360-degree view of asset data (engine's ownership, condition and status/location) and related contracts and service history.
- Embedded Apps:
- RMS - RMS is using hybrid data integration to integrate its platform with several complex data sources and perform hundreds of millions of detailed computations and calculations in real time. As a result, RMS is able to bring insurers and reinsurers enterprise-wide access to real-time risk intelligence, and the unprecedented ability to manage all models, exposures and analytics in a private and secure cloud environment. Ultimately, this helps insurance organizations streamline insight, control risk, reduce uncertainty and improve the efficiency of underwriting, portfolio management and other business tasks.
- Enterprise Data Platform:
- Devon Energy with Noah Consulting - In order to manage the ever-increasing amount of data associated with current and future growth, Devon Energy set to expand its enterprise master data management strategy, especially with regard to well header data. By having quality, trusted data that is consistent and relevant for the various departments and establishing a single version of the truth, Devon Energy is able to improve information management and increase business productivity and organizational efficiency.
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is a comprehensive cancer center with one mission - to end cancer. By aggregating clinical, research and genomic data, then ensuring it is reliable and accessible in the right place at the right time, MD Anderson is empowered to shorten research cycles and fuel its Moon Shots program. See video.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance:
- UPMC - UPMC, a leading academic and integrated global nonprofit health enterprise, implemented a single, unified platform to bring together clinical, financial, administrative and genomic data. The unified information platform is playing a key role in UPMC's sophisticated enterprise analytics effort to foster data-driven personalized medicine, enhanced research capabilities and outstanding patient care. See video.
- Improved Decisions:
- Education Research and Data Center (ERDC), Washington State Office of Financial Management - By integrating K-12 education, postsecondary and workforce data, ERDC's longitudinal records enable state policymakers to understand the variables that drive better educational and life outcomes, such as higher graduation rates, college attendance and employment choices.
- ICON - ICON, a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, leverages a single 360-degree view of business-critical data associated with clinical trial investigators, patients and sites to accelerate clinical trials and bring important new drugs and devices to market faster. See video.
- Internet of Things (IoT):
- GE Software - The Industrial Internet connects the world's myriad of machines, which generate enormous quantities of big data. GE is helping customers harness the power of intelligent machines across facilities and fleets using software and analytics in industries such as aviation, healthcare, transportation, oil and gas, energy management and power and water. Industrial-strength big data may be collected, managed and analyzed to gain actionable insight for improving machine performance and inevitably the efficiency of the systems and networks that link them.
- Operational Efficiency:
- American Airlines/US Airways - American Airlines and US Airways are being recognized for the organizations' mission-critical project of merging data that is essential for revenue management to assist the two airlines becoming one. The ability to quickly and accurately combine data from US Airways and American Airlines to accommodate timely analytical reporting played a key role in helping American Airlines and US Airways successfully integrate the two companies post-merger.
In addition to Cloudera and Noah Consulting listed above, Cognizant and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) were also awarded with partner awards at the ceremony.
Tweet this : Winners in @InformaticaCorp #Innovation Awards announced at #INFA14 http://bit.ly/1jdyOcV
- "Integral to our Moon Shots Program at MD Anderson, we are creating a data environment where we help insight happen," said Chris Belmont, vice president and chief information officer, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. "By bringing all our data together, inspiration can lead the research and technology doesn't get in the way. This data-driven approach will empower our researchers to find associations just by having access to quality data that we didn't have before. We are elated to be unlocking this information potential to help move our mission forward of eradicating cancer and are honored to be recognized for our work."
- "Each year, Informatica Innovation Awards winners demonstrate the transformative power of clean, safe and connected data in a business or societal context," said Marge Breya, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Informatica. "We are privileged to work with such innovative and forward-looking organizations who are not only transforming their businesses, but also changing the world, by putting data at the center of everything they do. We congratulate them on their achievements and are excited to be playing a part in their successes."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Vibe and the Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.