SAN JOSE, Calif. and SINGAPORE, May 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today announced a new family of 14.2mm optocoupler devices, the ACNT-Hxxx, designed for high voltage applications. The ACNT-Hxxx family consists of three major product series: the ACNT-H3xx, high efficiency gate drive optocouplers for driving IGBTs; the ACNT-H6xL, low power 10MBd digital optocouplers for system control and data communications; and the ACNT-H79x, high linearity isolation amplifiers for current and voltage sensing applications.
ACNT-Hxxx Highlighted Features and Benefits
- Safety Approvals for CSA, UL and IEC
- IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5: VIORM = 2,262 Vpeak
- UL1577: VISO = 7,500 Vrms
- Robust, reliable and fail safe reinforced insulation
- 14.2mm Creepage and Clearance
- Industry's highest insulation voltage in compact 14.2mm SSO-8 package
- Meets stringent system and equipment regulatory requirements
- High Gate Driving Current and Noise Immunity (ACNT-H3xx)
- Minimum 2A output current for driving IGBT
- Minimum 40kV/µs CMR at VCM = 1.5 kV minimizing erroneous signals in driving IGBT in noisy environment
- Low Power Consumption (ACNT-H6xL)
- Less than 20 mW
- Industry's lowest power 10MBd optocoupler in compact 14.2mm SSO-8 package
- Excellent Linearity and Gain Accuracy (ACNT-H79x)
- Advanced sigma-delta A/D modulation technology with full differential isolation
- 0.05% linearity and -50ppm/°C gain drift for enhanced accuracy
"High-voltage power systems today require chip-level components to support well insulated and noise-immune large signals to minimize copper wiring costs while maintaining optimal power efficiency," said Kheng-Jam Lee, marketing director of Avago's Isolation Products Division. "Avago has stepped up to the challenge with the introduction of a new 14.2mm optocoupler family. With the industry's highest insulation voltage in compact SSO-8 footprint, the ACNT-Hxxx is the most complete and cost-effective set of high-voltage optocoupler solutions on the market today addressing a wide range of high power industrial applications including inverters, motor drives and power supplies."
Avago will be showcasing the new ACNT-H313, ACNT-H61L and ACNT-H790 in the Avago Booth 6-220 at the PCIM Europe 2014 exhibition in Nuremberg, Germany from May 20th to 22nd.
Samples of the ACNT-H313, ACNT-H61L and ACNT-H790 are available now with expected general availability for the ACNT-H313 in June 2014, the ACNT-H61L in September 2014, and the ACNT-H790 in October 2014. Please contact your local Avago Technologies sales representative for samples and pricing.
Further information on the ACNT-H313, ACNT-H61L and ACNT-H790 are available online at http://www.avagotech.com/pages/en/optocouplers_plastic/plastic_integrated_gate_drive_optocoupler/acnt-h313-000e/
About Avago Technologies
Avago Technologies is a leading designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of analog, digital, mixed signal and optoelectronics components and subsystems with a focus in III-V compound semiconductor design and processing. Backed by an extensive portfolio of intellectual property, Avago products serve four primary target markets: wireless communications, wired infrastructure, enterprise storage, and industrial and other. For more information, visit Avago's website: www.avagotech.com.
Avago, Avago Technologies, and the A logo are trademarks of Avago Technologies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Please direct reader inquiries to Avago Technologies at +1 800 235 0312, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Press Contact: Khanh Lam Corporate Communications email@example.com Telephone: +1 408 435 4570