DETROIT, May 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint Corporation (Nasdaq:COVS), provider of a leading cloud engagement platform, today announced that it will both keynote and participate on two panel discussions on the future of automotive connectivity at Telematics Detroit 2014 (booth No. 59), the world's largest forum dedicated to the future of connected auto mobility. Covisint will also make available at the show a whitepaper titled "Creating a Frictionless Ownership Experience for the Connected Consumer."
As cars become increasingly demanded to do more and more, security risks and the potential for abuse also rises. Complexity also heightens the problem as vehicles -- viewed as another thing in a connected owner's "internet of things" -- must increasingly be connected to more and more devices, people, organizations and even road and traffic infrastructures and pedestrians. As this complexity exponentially multiplies, the need to have an independent, third-party source that securely connects everything and manages the explosion of identities increases dramatically, which is Covisint's core competency.
Covisint's keynote, titled "The Emerging Identity Crisis: Connecting People, Vehicles and Things" and delivered by Chief Security Officer Dave Miller, will cover several topics, including:
- Building trust into vehicle-to-everything to improve lives, avoid injuries and reduce congestion;
- Whom to trust, discussing how connected owners will be able to differentiate between who and what should be trusted; and, among others
- Building the foundation today by leveraging standards enabling a single point of control and universal access – remotely, securely and anytime/anywhere.
"Future automotive connectivity is unbelievably exciting with more possibilities -- and more dangers -- than ever before imagined," said Miller. "Automakers and industry thought leaders need to get out in front of the coming wave, taking ownership and defining success before other industries beat them to it. Telematics Detroit attendees will gain insight into the challenges, opportunities and vision of the industry, equipping themselves with the knowledge and insight to differentiate their careers and their companies in this increasingly crowded and complex space."
In addition to Miller's keynote and the whitepaper, Covisint will:
- Provide additional thought leadership by participating on two panel discussions: "Ecosystem in Flux: The Migration from Hardware to Connected Services," June 4, 2014; and, "Bridging the Gap – Creating a Truly Global Platform;" June 5, 2014;
- Showcase "Bumblebee," the Chevy Camaro from the movie, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" -- filmed in Detroit and premiering on June 27, 2014. The car will be showcased by Covisint to emphasize the changing role of the vehicle as it becomes more "human like" with its own personality and its own identity that needs to be securely managed.
|Who should attend:||Technology, automotive, manufacturing and business professionals seeking advanced telematics practices, insight and application to improve business outcomes, profits and relevance.|
|When/where:||June 4-5, 2014, Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi, Mich.|
|How to register:||https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/detroit/register.php.|
Covisint's cloud engagement platform offers a robust, secure and proven platform for driving additional revenue and customer loyalty through connected vehicle initiatives. With Covisint, CIOs, CMOs and line-of-business leaders can deliver a unified and global connected vehicle platform that aligns with their business strategies, through a single integrated experience across the car ownership lifecycle.
Covisint provides the leading cloud engagement platform for creating and enabling new mission-critical external business processes. Our solutions enable organizations to connect, engage, and collaborate with the critical external audiences that define their success--including customers, business partners, and suppliers. Covisint allows its clients to establish a secure, reliable, integrated presence in the cloud, and offer the kind of engaging information experiences that people everywhere have come to expect. Learn more at www.covisint.com.
Follow us:email@example.com, 313-227-0127 Jennifer Smith, Blanc & Otus, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-856-5152 For Sales and Marketing Information Covisint Corporation, One Campus Martius, Detroit, MI 48226, 313-227-7000, http://www.covisint.com