CLEARWATER, Fla., May 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) today introduced the Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution, built on world-class IBM® technology. The integrated solution offers IBM's PowerLinux and IBM's V3700 Storwize products and is enhanced with the newly announced IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager Software Entry for mid-size organizations. The Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution is designed to help small and mid-size organizations achieve cost savings, stability and security while maximizing performance. Integrated by Tech Data and offered on a single stock keeping unit (SKU), solution providers can quickly and easily deploy this solution, reducing risk and hassle often associated with backup and recovery implementations. Offered to Tech Data business partners, the Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution requires no additional IBM certifications and is available through Tech Data's Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) division.
"Tech Data recognized the need to offer a seamless data protection solution that combines scalability and optimization for today's workloads that often run on virtual machines," said Connie Noyes, director, Product Marketing, IBM Solutions Group at Tech Data. "The Tech Data Integrated Data Protection offering provides a simple way for solution providers and their customers to deploy modernized data protection using integrated IBM products. This new Tech Data solution within our AIS division provides an enhanced customer experience, helping small and mid-size organizations improve IT efficiency and meet the rapidly growing demands for modernized backup and recovery solutions."
The Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution can reduce backup infrastructure costs by up to 38 percent¹, so for many organizations, it pays to modernize. Tivoli Storage Manager Entry is built with best-in-class IBM components, including a scalable IBM DB2® catalog, IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence reporting and a next-generation administration interface that can simplify and improve data protection. Advanced agents are available, as needed, to optimize online backups and restores for virtual environments, email systems, databases and SAP®, including SAP HANA. The integrated and optimized solution ensures reliability and up to 40 percent greater performance per core than X86.
"IBM applauds Tech Data's initiative in leveraging IBM's server, storage, and software products to effectively solve clients' requirements for cost-effective, reliable, and integrated backup and recovery solutions," said David A. Wilson, vice president, North America Business Partner Ecosystem, IBM Software Sales. "Using IBM's Tivoli Storage Manager Entry product allows Tech Data to offer a solution with the same features and functions offered by the full suite of Tivoli Storage Manager Software, but at an attractive price point for smaller storage environments."
The Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution provides a seamless roadmap for solution providers seeking to build a robust data protection capability based on the reliable and trusted IBM infrastructure components.
Advantages of this solution include:
- Flexibility: Customize your data protection solution and pay only for the Tivoli Storage Manager components deployed, with predictable, lower cost licensing for small and mid-size enterprises.
- Simplicity: The Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution helps customers get up and running fast, with dozens of integration steps eliminated. Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center provides an at-a-glance view of backup health anytime, from any browser-enabled device. Administrators can schedule and monitor backups using familiar VMWare® tools.
- Efficiency: Enhanced efficiency enables fast restores; short backup windows and scalability without added complexity. Tivoli Storage Manager can reduce backup storage space requirements by up to 95 percent, with built-in deduplication and incremental forever backup². Efficient data storage, combined with built-in remote site replication, can significantly reduce the cost of remote site disaster recovery.
"The Tech Data Integrated Data Protection Solution incorporates the right mix of IBM offerings that will give us the flexibility to enable our clients to add advanced data protection services quickly, without having to add more administrative overhead," said Geoff Baltz at Apex IT Consulting Group, Inc., an IBM solution business partner. "This new appliance offers us a simple user experience and a reliable solution that is a great addition to our portfolio."
Tech Data is committed to best-in-class service levels on deal support and order fulfillment, as well as financing support through Tech Data Credit Services. This support and customer experience also helps to ensure that IBM business partners are fully equipped with the necessary tools they need to succeed. Tech Data's AIS team provides IT resellers with technical expertise, partner enablement, training, program management, and sales and marketing support to help both current and new IBM business partners leverage the full IBM portfolio to drive new growth and margin opportunities.
For more information about IBM products or services, or to become an authorized Tech Data solution provider, contact Tech Data's IBM team at (800) 237-8931, ext. 74426, or email@example.com.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world's largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 115,000 resellers to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users in more than 100 countries. Tech Data generated $26.8 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2014. It is ranked No. 119 on the Fortune 500® and one of Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies." To learn more, visit www.techdata.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits. Innovation is at the core of IBM's strategy. The company develops and sells software and systems hardware and a broad range of infrastructure, cloud and consulting services. IBM is the No. 3 global brand, according to the WPP and Millward Brown annual BrandZ ranking, May 2013, ranked No. 20 in the Fortune 500, and No. 62 in the Fortune Global 500 in 2013.
1. Average of individual customer Analysis Engine Reports from Butterfly Software, May 2013, n=450. The savings include cumulative 36-month hardware, hardware maintenance and electrical power savings. Excludes one-time Tivoli Storage Manager migration cost. All client examples cited or described are presented as illustrations of the manner in which some clients have used IBM products and the results they may have achieved. Actual environmental costs and performance characteristics will vary depending on individual client configurations and conditions.
2. Enterprise Strategy Group Lab Validation Report: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments, February, 2013
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT Amanda Lee Public Relations Manager (727) 538-5803 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Tech Data Corporation