BOSTON, June 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM) announced a new mobile release of BoldChat, the company's live chat and multichannel customer engagement offering, to help businesses capitalize on the rapidly growing number of mobile consumers. Building on BoldChat's recent innovations, the mobile release introduces new ways for businesses to quickly and easily employ live-chat capabilities on their mobile websites and, if desired, to build live chat directly into their own iOS and Android mobile apps. As a result, businesses can offer an intuitive, consistent experience to support mobile customers and boost conversion rates of mobile shoppers.
LogMeIn will be offering demonstrations of the new BoldChat mobile release at the Internet Retailer Conference and Expo (IRCE) 2014 in Chicago next week (booth number 609), June 10th though June 13th, with general availability slated for later this summer.
According to a recent study by LogMeIn and the e-tailing group, more than 70 percent of consumers now use mobile devices to research products and services. However, the same study found that many businesses have not adapted quickly enough to meet the needs of today's mobile consumer, with consumers rating more than 40 percent of their mobile shopping experiences as unsatisfactory.
"To truly be competitive, companies must embrace this transformation of the consumer and start to think about their mobile strategies as far more than just a mobile optimized website and/or an informational mobile app. Optimizing mobile engagement means offering multiple, intuitive ways for consumers to seek help, ask questions and gain insights, from in-app and website chat to text messaging to email to social media," said Steve Castro-Miller, vice president of products for LogMeIn's Service Cloud. "With the BoldChat mobile release, we're introducing new ways for companies to rapidly deliver 360-degree interactions across today's most popular mobile channels."
Businesses such as Sundance Catalog Company, a top 500 Internet retailer and a BoldChat customer, are eager to take advantage of the new mobile features.
"With more and more of customers using mobile devices to shop and research, it's essential that we approach customer engagement with a mobile mindset," said Tim Taggart, Director of Customer Service & Fulfillment, Sundance Catalog Company. "Whether it's through our mobile website or our traditional website, our goal is to provide our customers with a consistent experience, and to offer them the best possible means of interacting with our team. The new capabilities in BoldChat open up a wealth of possibilities to better serve this rapidly growing percentage of our customer base, while engaging them when and where it matters most."
The new BoldChat mobile release includes:
- In-app mobile SDK designed to make it easy for companies to deploy proactive and reactive chat within mobile applications, and give consumers another convenient way to engage with brands.
- Sample iOS and Android apps to help speed mobile live-chat deployments and the associated time to value.
- Mobile reporting across iOS and Android app environments, as well as mobile browsers to help businesses create targeted plans for optimizing engagements, while providing a more responsive, holistic and satisfying consumer experience.
These capabilities build upon current BoldChat mobile capabilities, including:
- Integrated support for customer interactions across SMS, live chat, email and social channels to streamline customer service and support management while offering multiple ways for customers to interact with a brand.
- Mobile optimized proactive and reactive browser-based chat to help companies quickly tailor their web customer experience for mobile consumers.
- Layered chat windows to provide a sleek, intuitive way for customers to browse and chat simultaneously, without having to switch between views or separate windows, by providing a sleek, transparent overlay on top of a browser page. The visitor can use familiar touch-based gestures to control chat-based conversations on their terms, including minimizing the view and calling it back up on demand through a slide swipe or tap.
- Mobile indicator alerts to help customer service agents identify that a customer is engaging them from a mobile device, so the agent can modify the speed, length, and context of their response.
Pricing and Availability
The new BoldChat mobile release will be available later this summer and will be included as part of BoldChat Pro, Enterprise and Premier. BoldChat Pro pricing starts at $599/license. BoldChat Enterprise and Premier pricing is available by contacting LogMeIn.
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) transforms the way people work and live through secure connections to the computers, devices, data, and people that make up their digital world. The company's cloud services free millions of people to work from anywhere, empower IT professionals to securely embrace the modern cloud-centric workplace, give companies new ways to reach and support today's connected customer, and help businesses bring the next generation of connected products to market.
LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston's Innovation District with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Ireland, and the UK.
LogMeIn is a trademark of LogMeIn in the U.S. and other countries.
CONTACT: Press contact: Janice Bedsole LogMeIn, Inc. +1-781-789-6108 janice.bedsole@LogMeIn.com