WALTHAM, Mass., June 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bit9® + Carbon Black, the leader in endpoint threat prevention, detection and response, today announced that the new eBook Endpoint Threat Detection, Response and Prevention for Dummies is available for free download.
The book reveals how traditional signature-based endpoint protection, such as antivirus, cannot stop today's advanced threats and targeted attacks, and how detection, response and prevention are the three key security capabilities organization's need to keep their vital data—including private customer information—safe.
"Every enterprise is a target, and business leaders are realizing the inevitability of a data breach," said Ben Johnson, Bit9's chief evangelist. "Being prepared for a breach means enabling security teams to detect, respond to, and prevent attacks in a matter of seconds—before the damage is done. This eBook describes the current threat landscape and illustrates specific actions organizations can take to protect themselves against modern malware and attacks."
Endpoint Threat Detection, Response and Prevention For Dummies will help enterprises:
- Discover how real-time visibility and recorded history drive emerging detection, response and prevention solutions
- Detect attacks without signatures—enabling them to respond earlier in the kill chain
- Rapidly respond to attacks in motion by performing pre-breach incident response in seconds—before data exfiltration occurs
- Reduce the attack surface by using a "Default-Deny" approach that only allows trusted software to run
"Endpoint Threat Detection and Response is still a relatively new concept," Johnson said. "This eBook helps define the ETDR space and shows the importance of prevention to an effective security posture. It provides security professionals with the information they need to make detection, response and prevention key components of their curity programs."
About Bit9 + Carbon Black
The combination of Bit9 + Carbon Black offers the most complete answer to the advanced threats and targeted attacks intent on breaching an organization's endpoints. This comprehensive approach makes it easier for organizations to see—and immediately stop—advanced threats.
Carbon Black's lightweight endpoint sensor, which can be rapidly deployed with no configuration to deliver "incident response in seconds," combined with Bit9's
industry-leading prevention technology produces these benefits:
- Continuous, real-time visibility into what's happening on every computer
- Real-time threat detection, without relying on signatures
- Instant response by seeing the full "kill chain" of any attack
- Protection that is proactive and customizable
Thousands of organizations worldwide—from 25 Fortune 100 companies to small businesses—use Bit9 + Carbon Black's proven solution to increase security, reduce operational costs and improve compliance. Ultimately, this enables organizations to arm their endpoints against advanced threats.