AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, June 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, announced today that all the proposed resolutions were adopted at the Company's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM), which was held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, on June 13, 2014.
The main resolutions, proposed by the Supervisory Board, were:
- The reappointment of Mr. Carlo Bozotti as the sole member of the Managing Board and the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer for a three-year term, expiring at the 2017 Annual General Meeting;
- The reappointment for a three-year term, expiring at the 2017 Annual General Meeting, of the following members of the Supervisory Board: Messrs. Didier Lombard, Jean d'Arthuys, Jean-Georges Malcor and Alessandro Rivera;
- The appointment, as new members of the Supervisory Board, for a three-year term expiring at the 2017 Annual General Meeting, of Ms. Heleen Kersten and Mr. Maurizio Tamagnini in replacement of Mr. Tom de Waard and Mr. Bruno Steve, whose terms expired;
- The adoption of the Company's 2013 Statutory Annual Accounts prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards;
- The distribution of a cash dividend per common share of US$0.10 in the second quarter of 2014 and of US$0.10 in the third quarter of 2014, to be paid in June and September of 2014, respectively, to shareholders of record in the month of each quarterly payment. The first payment date will be on June 26th, 2014 for Euronext Paris and Borsa Italiana and on July 1st, 2014 for the New York Stock Exchange (for additional details on the dividend payment and ex-dividend dates, please refer to the table below);
- The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers Accountants N.V. as the Company's external auditor for the 2014 and 2015 financial years.
The complete agenda and all relevant detailed information concerning the 2014 STMicroelectronics N.V. Annual General Meeting, as well as all related materials, are available on the Company's website (www.st.com) and have been made available to shareholders in compliance with legal requirements.
The draft minutes of the AGM will be posted on the Annual General Meeting page of the Company's website (www.st.com) at the end of June 2014.
Additionally, STMicroelectronics' 2013 accounts, reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP, were filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Form 20-F on March 5, 2014.
The table below summarizes the full schedule for the quarterly dividends:
|Quarter||Ex-dividend Date (globally)||Global Record Date||Payment Date in Europe||NYSE Payment Date: on or after||Transfer between New York and Dutch registered shares restricted:|
|From End of Business in Europe on:||Until Open of Business in NY on:|
(*) The fourth quarter 2014 and first quarter 2015 dividends will be decided during the fourth quarter of 2014.
ST is a global leader in the semiconductor market serving customers across the spectrum of sense and power and automotive products and embedded processing solutions. From energy management and savings to trust and data security, from healthcare and wellness to smart consumer devices, in the home, car and office, at work and at play, ST is found everywhere microelectronics make a positive and innovative contribution to people's life. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2013, the Company's net revenues were $8.08 billion. Further information on ST can be found at www.st.com.
For further information, please contact:
|INVESTOR RELATIONS:||MEDIA RELATIONS:|
|Tait Sorensen||Nelly Dimey|
|Group VP, Investor Relations||Director, Corporate Media and Public Relations|
|Tel: +1 602 485 2064||Tel: + 33 1 58 07 77 85|
AGM PRESS RELEASE http://hugin.info/152740/R/1792971/617178.pdf