Groundbreaking Demonstrations to Include Video Software Innovations in HEVC / 4K, Video Cloud, and Personal TV
Envivio Executive to Deliver Keynote: 'Enabling Any Screen as the Main Screen'
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., June 16, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI), a leading provider of software-based video processing and delivery solutions, announced its plans for Broadcast Asia 2014, Asia's leading event for the broadcast and entertainment industry, taking place June 17-20 in Singapore.
At the show, Envivio will demonstrate a host of ground-breaking, flexible and scalable software-based video solutions that enable any-screen personalization and monetization for video service providers and content owners worldwide, including:
- Live streaming of 4K video will take place between Envivio's stand 5B1-01 and Village Island's stand 4C3-05, illustrating the efficiency of HEVC and how 4K optimizes the video experience.
- 4K video will be delivered to Ultra HD TVs in a single 8 MHz channel at DVB's stand 5L5-02using HEVC content encoded by Envivio, underscoring the power and flexibility of the DVB-T2 standard and Envivio Muse™ encoders.
- HEVC, H.264, MPEG-2 transcoders and encoders: Envivio will showcase its converged support of the full range of industry standards showing stunning video quality in all three formats on any screen by the same Envivio Muse™ software.
- Cloud software and services: Virtualized software based on OpenStack to dynamically instantiate live channels in the private or public cloud, as well as Envivio's end-to-end, cloud-based video software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform will be on display. Envivio's cloud SaaS features all the components needed to quickly launch and scale multi-screen services with minimal CAPEX investment - including virtualized encoding, packaging, digital rights management (DRM), ad mediation, content delivery network (CDN), app creation and billing.
- Personal TV: Envivio will demonstrate the expansive capabilities of its Halo Network Media Processor™ and Halo Experience server for personalized any-screen TV services, including time shifting, Catch-Up, Start-Over, network PVR and Follow Me TV. Also on display will be a cost-effective, server-side implementation of personalized advertising based on user profiles.
In addition, Envivio VP of Strategy and Corporate Development Arnaud Perrier will serve as keynote speaker at a session called, "Enabling Any Screen to Serve as the Main Screen – Latest Technologies and Revenue Opportunities," on June 18. He will also participate on a panel that same day to discuss the 'TV Viewing Transformation' taking place in the industry.
"Our software innovations are making it faster and easier than ever to deliver value-added video services," said Perrier. "At Broadcast Asia, we are demonstrating how operators and content providers can monetize multi-screen through a personalized user experience, while leveraging the cloud to cut costs and time to market."
To arrange a meeting with Envivio executives at Broadcast Asia, write to PR@envivio.com.
Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) is the leader in software-based video processing and delivery solutions for any screen, with over 300 content and service provider customers worldwide. Envivio solutions remove the boundaries of traditional television and enable operators to increase their revenues, by providing viewers with best-in-class video quality and a compelling, personalized experience. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices worldwide including France, England, China, Singapore and Japan. Visit www.envivio.com for more information.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements about the anticipated benefits and features of Envivio's products. Actual results may vary materially due to a number of factors including, but not limited to, the risk that, capital spending in our target markets decreases or is delayed, we are unable to maintain profitability, our relationship with our channel partners is disrupted, as well as other risks that are detailed from time to time in Envivio's SEC reports, which can be found at www.sec.gov. Envivio is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.
This information is intended to outline our general product direction, is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion. Envivio reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. These new software options may be purchased separately when and if available.
Editor's Note: All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.
CONTACT: Tammy Snook 407-667-9355 firstname.lastname@example.org