GETTYSBURG, PA., June 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS is pleased to announce the faculty for the inaugural OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute, to be held in San Diego, California on August 20-21, 2014. The institute agenda includes two important themes for California-based organizations – the management best practices needed to be sustainable in a changing health and human service market, and the strategies needed to be successful in a challenging California environment.
To lead the institute agenda, OPEN MINDS has assembled members of its expert consulting team and invited industry thought leaders from the California health and human service market. The institute will open with a keynote presentation delivered by Bernard Tyson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Kaiser Permanente. In addition to Mr. Tyson, the institute will be led by a prestigious team of faculty with expertise in management best practices, in-depth knowledge of health and human service industry trends, and direct experience in the California market, including:
- Pouria Abbassi, P.E., Senior Vice President & Regional Director, Phoenix Houses of California, Inc.
- Alfredo Aguirre, LCSW, Behavioral Health Director, County of San Diego, Mental Health
- David Bejarano, Chief, Chula Vista Police Department
- Timothy Belavich, Ph.D., Director (A), Division of Health Care Services; Deputy Director, Statewide Mental Health Program, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Ken Carr, Chief Financial Officer, Guild Incorporated
- Joseph M. Costa, Chief Executive Officer, Hillsides
- Vitka Eisen, M.S.W., Ed.D., Chief Executive Officer, HealthRIGHT 360
- Carol Fitzgibbons, Director, Inland Regional Center
- Carlos Flores, Executive Director, San Diego Regional Center
- Charles Ingoglia, Senior Vice President, Public Policy and Practice Improvement
- Richard Louis, III, Executive Director Strategic Development and Planning, Providence Community Services - Pacific Region, & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Harriet Markell, Vice President, Program and Business Development, EMQ FamiliesFirst
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Robert E. Oakes, JD, MBA, Executive Director, County Behavioral Health Directors Association of California
- Robert Oldham, M.D., M.H.S.A., Medical Director, Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
- Walter Philips, LCSW, Chief Executive Officer, San Diego Youth Services
- Steve Ramsland, Ed.D., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Christopher Reilly, LMFT, Behavioral Health Program Director, Clinica Sierra Vista
- Rusty Selix, President & Executive Director, California Council of Community Mental Health Agencies
- Judith Shaplin, President & CEO, Mountain Health & Community Services, Inc.
- Howard Shiffman, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Vic Singh, LCSW, Director, San Joaquin County Behavioral Health Services
- Dawan Utecht, Director, Behavioral Health, County of Fresno
- Javier Zaldivar, Director, San Andreas Regional Center
"With the help of our partner, Mental Health Systems, we've brought together a team of faculty to discuss everything from strategic positioning and managing cost-based reimbursement contracts, to the Medi-Cal expansion and the California criminal justice system," said OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer, Monica Oss. "We're thrilled to be able to bring our attendees the knowledge and skills they need to adapt to California's changing environment, the market context to position their organization effectively, and the guidance to move their organization forward."
Discounted registration for The 2014 OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute is now available to executives of health and human service organizations. Promotional rates are as follows:
- Individual Registrations For $495 (A Savings Of $300)
- 3-Person 'Group' Registrations For $1,350 (A Savings Of $1,395)
- 5-Person 'Group Registrations For $1,999 (A Savings Of $2,970)
More information on The 2014 OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute can be found online at: www.openminds.com/california.
Mental Health Systems is a non-profit agency founded in 1978 to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities facing substance abuse and behavioral health challenges. Toward this end, they provide mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in an innovative and cost-effective manner. Learn more at www.mhsinc.org.
OPEN MINDS is the premier market intelligence and management support firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. The mission of OPEN MINDS is to provide health and human service payers and provider organizations – and the organizations that serve them – with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS Phone: 717-334-1329 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Open Minds