Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says he has spoken with a top Walmart executive about how it can keep prices low amid the U.S.-China spat.Marketsread more
When the Fed releases minutes of its last meeting this afternoon, it risks sounding a bit hawkish.Market Insiderread more
China is considering cutting natural gas purchases from the U.S. in its tit-for-tat on trade, according to the South China Morning Post.Marketsread more
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is scheduled to testify before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday about the international financial system.Politicsread more
Target's CEO thinks the retail industry is shaking out to show clear winners and losers. Those companies that are investing in stores and online are winners, he said.Retailread more
Such a move could provide a buffer against any economic weakness that the U.S.-China trade war could cause.The Fedread more
Morgan Stanley caused a stir with its "bear case" scenario of $10. Now, Citi is getting in on the act.Investingread more
A federal judge grants an injunction ordering Qualcomm to renegotiate its licensing agreements.Technologyread more
Apple's China business accounted for more than 17% of its sales in its fiscal second quarter, coming in at $10.22 billion.Marketsread more
"I've had no conversations ever with the president or anyone in the White House about delivering the president's tax returns to Congress," Mnuchin said during a hearing before...Politicsread more
If you beat the odds and nab the top Mega Millions prize, the IRS would get more than $58 million before the windfall reaches you. You also could count on owing more at tax...Personal Financeread more
Google has started removing search results in Europe to comply with new rules on the "right to be forgotten".
The search engine group on Thursday began to implement a landmark judgement by Europe's highest court, which last month ruled that individuals had the right to request the removal of results linking to personal information under certain conditions.
As of Thursday, whenever a search for a name on Google is conducted, the results page includes the statement: "Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe". This statement (see below) appears for any name apart from those of celebrities.
"This is a new process for us," Google said on Thursday. "Each request has to be assessed individually, and we're working as quickly as possible to get through the queue. We'll continue to work with data protection authorities and others as we implement this ruling."
The company plans to start the takedown process slowly, before accelerating once it is confident its systems are working properly.
Google has also started to notify individuals whose requests it will not honour and those whose are incomplete, as well as the owners of websites affected by the takedowns.
The European Court of Justice last month ruled that individuals had the right to request the removal of search results linking to "inadequate, irrelevant or no longer relevant" personal data - even if the information had been published legally.
Google responded on 30 May by introducing an online form that gave Europeans a formal route to make removal requests. In the first four days after uploading the form, Google received more than 41,000 requests - averaging about seven every minute. The company on Thursday declined to provide a more up-to-date figure.
Google is not planning to remove links to personal information from the US version of its search engine, meaning that Europeans can visit Google.com to search for information that has been removed from their local version.