Dublin, July 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z64sq2/semiconductor) has announced the addition of the "Semiconductor (Silicon) IP Market by Form Factor, Design Architecture, Processor Type, Application, Geography and Verification IP - Forecast & Analysis to 2013 - 2020" report to their offering.
In the semiconductors and electronics sector, a semiconductor intellectual property core also known as IP Core or IP Block is a unit of architectural layout of a specific or whole part of a semiconductor chip. IP cores, after development by third parties, in general are licensed to semiconductor chip manufacturers. Or they can be developed in-house, owned and used by a single semiconductor chip manufacturer alone. IP cores can be used as building blocks within semiconductor chips to add advanced features and characteristics by developing them as per the prescribed architectural design.
The semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP) market is expanding rapidly in size and prominence at a growth rate which is two times faster than the overall semiconductor market. As process technologies shrink further in the sub-nanometer level, the gap between accessible silicon and designers' ability to utilize that space keeps widening.
IP is vital in ameliorating design productivity at advanced design processes. With relatively slower growth in the overall semiconductor market, expense management has gained focus, which is driving the growth of third-party IP vendors. Semiconductor players are actively outsourcing the IP design and development activities not core to their product differentiation. The growing trend of third-party IP Vendors and increasing licensing of advanced IP blocks by several key players are bound to change the landscape of the global semiconductor IP market.
The report on the global semiconductor (Silicon) Intellectual Property (IP) market analyzes the semiconductor IP industry's value chain, giving a bird's eye-view of all the major and allied industry segments to the semiconductor IP industry. It discusses the markets of various allied industry segments such as EDA vendors, foundry players, fabless players, fab players, and IDMs. The global semiconductor Intellectual Property market is classified by various types of market segmentations and discussed in detail with market estimates and forecasts for each of the sub-segments. The report also discusses and analyzes the market dynamics of the semiconductor IP market, namely- its market drivers, restraints and opportunities along with the industry's burning issues and winning imperatives.
This study also showcases a comprehensive overview of the global semiconductor IP market by enveloping all major market segmentations combined with detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of each market segment. The market numbers are forecasted from 2013 till 2020, to present a glance of the huge market potential offered by this market within the forecast period from 2013 to 2020.
The report also includes the company profiles of leading players of this industry with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. The competitive landscape section comprises key growth strategies and detailed market share analysis of the key semiconductor IP vendors. Some of the key players profiled in this report are ARM (U.K.), Altera (U.S.), Atmel (U.S.), Cadence Design Systems (U.S.), CAST (U.S.), CEVA (U.S.), Imagination Technologies (U.K.), Mentor Graphics (U.S.), Rambus (U.S.), Silicon Image (U.S.), and Synopsys (U.S.) among others. This report covers the Silicon IP market as well as the verification IP market. Verification IP market is further segmented into different protocols such as MIPI protocol, Bus Protocol, Interface protocol, and memory protocol among others.
Scope of the Report
· Form Factor: Integrated Circuit IP Market, System-on-Chip IP Market, Overall Processor IP, ASIC IP, Programmable IP, Digital IP, Analog and Mixed Signal IP, Memory IP, and Data Converter IP.
· Integrated Circuit IP Market: General Purpose IC IP, Application Specific IC IP, Programmable IC IP, Digital IC IP, Analog and Mixed Signal IC IP, Memory IC IP and Data Converter IC IP.
· System-on-Chip IP Market: SoC Processor IP, SoC ASIC IP, SoC Programmable IP, SoC Digital IP, SoC Analog and Mixed Signal IP, SoC Memory IP and SoC Data Converter IP.
· Design Architecture: IP Market Classification by Customization (Standard IP and Customizable IP) and IP Market Classification by Processor Design (General and Embedded Processor IP, Single Core & Multi-Core Processor IP).
· Processor Type: Microprocessor Core IP Market (Applications Processor IP and Graphics Processor IP Market), Digital Signal Processor Core IP Market (DSP Core IP, DSP Application Specific IP, and DSP Programmable IP).
· Application: Computer and peripherals, networking technologies, telecom infrastructure, security, mobile and tablets, home entertainment, automotive, and other applications (industrial, military, defense and aerospace, medical, and RF devices).
· Geography: Global Market Perspective, Americas, Europe, Japan, Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan) and Rest of the World (ROW).
· Verification IP market: MIPI protocol, Bus Protocol, Interface protocol, memory models, and protocol checkers.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Semiconductor IP Market Overview
- Semiconductor IP Market By Form Factor
- Semiconductor IP Market By Design Architecture
- Semiconductor IP Market By Processor Type
- Semiconductor IP Market By Application
- Verification IP Market By Protocol
- Semiconductor IP Market By Geography
- Competitive Landscape
- Company Profiles
- Cadence Design Systems
- Imagination Technologies
- Mentor Graphics
- Silicon Image
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z64sq2/semiconductor
Source:Research and Markets