ATLANTA, July 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cbeyond Inc (Nasdaq:CBEY), the Technology Ally™ for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), announced today the availability of TotalCloud® File Storage, a secure and compliant cloud file storage, sharing and backup service for business media and data, which provides a simple and secure collaboration platform for businesses of all sizes.
Cbeyond will provide demos of TotalCloud File Storage during the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2014 at Booth 1807 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington D.C., Sunday, July 13 – Wednesday, July 16, 2014.
The latest offering in Cbeyond's TotalCloud suite of services, TotalCloud File Storage (TCFS) provides a simple, intuitive and affordable solution to store, share and access confidential files with top-level security. Its unified, cloud-based storage for business data gives SMB employees and communities advantages previously only available to enterprises: real-time collaboration, file synchronization and backup in an easy and secure manner, any time and from any device.
With TCFS files are sent and received via password-protected email links, eliminating the need to send bulky email attachments that might get tagged as spam or clog networks and inboxes. This functionality is bound to appeal to SMBs in particular given that 83 percent of SMB leaders voted security, productivity and collaboration software as important to their business, according to the Summer 2013 Cbeyond Business Leader Snapshot™ survey.
"TotalCloud File Storage is designed to address the needs of today's dynamic businesses as it lets teams work more collaboratively, remotely and securely," said Drew Kimball, director of product management, Cloud Services, Cbeyond. "With easy scalability, customization tools and common-sense pricing, it can be invaluable for SMBs of any size that need reliable, anytime, anywhere access to business data and files."
TotalCloud File Storage is available as two options - Essentials or Enterprise, depending on the size and needs of the business. These options include many easy-to-use features like Secure File Sharing, Bulk File Upload, File Synchronization, Email Integration, and Multi-Platform Support (including PC, Mac, Android and iOS). In addition, TotalCloud File Storage provides the following unique advantages to SMBs when compared to consumer-grade, commodity file storage services:
- Security and Compliance. Administrators and users have the option to password-protect files and data at rest, encrypt files in transit, pull audit logs of user access and file activity, and set permission-based access, views and settings to personal or shared folders across workgroups or company-wide. Data is hosted on servers in Cbeyond's compliance-friendly data center which has achieved the most rigorous audit standards in the industry, including HIPAA, PCI and SOC3.
- Scalability and Availability. There is no limit on the number of users or storage capacity of the service, which is also backed by Cbeyond's enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLAs), thereby allowing users to scale easily in lock step with business needs.
- Deployment Choice: For businesses or partners who need their own private environment, Cbeyond offers a flexible single tenant or private cloud environment. This option is ideal for large IT organizations and partners (such as Managed Service Providers and Resellers) seeking to address advanced requirements like Active Directory Integration, Granular User Management, Policy Control, and Branding Support at much lower capital and labor costs.
"The evolving Cloud market for SMBs requires a new partnering approach which represents exciting opportunities for both Cbeyond and Microsoft, as we explore a new model that targets and recruits more Microsoft partners more effectively," said Chris Gatch, CTO of Cbeyond. "The Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference is also a great venue for partners seeking to get a first look at new, highly scalable cloud-based services such as Cbeyond's TotalCloud File Storage."
Cbeyond executives and partners will participate in the following panels at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference:
- Tuesday, July 15, 2:30 PM – Channel Testimonial – Rob Kent, senior director, Segment Marketing, Cbeyond, and Nelson Brown, president and CEO, Omni Business Solutions.
- Wednesday, July 16, 2:15 – 3:45 PM – Roundtable – Rob Kent, senior director, Segment Marketing, Cbeyond, Greg Treanor, vice president, RoseBud Technologies, and Nelson Brown, president and CEO, Omni Business Solutions.
Cbeyond is a 2009 Microsoft Partner of the Year, Hosting Solutions; a 2010 Microsoft Partner of the Year, Hyper 'V' Cloud; a 2012 Microsoft Partner, Gold Hosting; and a 2014 Microsoft Silver Hosting Partner.
On March 8, 2014 the company announced a new marketing alliance with Microsoft and introduced TotalCloud® Partner Edition to provide SMBs with enterprise-grade Microsoft Cloud OS technology. (Editor's note: Please reference Cbeyond Enters Marketing Alliance with Microsoft to Offer MSPs, VARs and SMBs Access to Microsoft's Cloud Services).
Cbeyond Inc. (Nasdaq:CBEY), is the Technology Ally™ for small and mid-sized businesses. We enable our customers to focus on their core business activities by shifting the burden of IT infrastructure management to us. We deliver cloud services, communications and connectivity through award-winning enterprise data centers and a private, IP enterprise network. Founded in 1999, Cbeyond is a technology service provider with a long history of delivering technology and service innovation for small and mid-sized businesses. For more information on Cbeyond, visit http://www.cbeyond.com and follow Cbeyond on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cbeyond.