Dublin, July 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8jx4pz/permanent_wafer) has announced the addition of the "Permanent Wafer Bonding for Semiconductor: Application Trends & Technology" report to their offering.
This report provides an in-depth competitive analysis of key permanent bonding equipment suppliers, with profiles of the main equipment vendors, and their future in the permanent bonding market.
Permanent bonding technology is a key process for a wide range of applications in the semiconductor industry such as MEMS, Advanced Packaging (BSI CIS, CIS capping WLP, 3D stack TSV), LED devices, and SOI substrate applications. This type of application is quite complex due to the high diversity of existing bonding technologies.
Permanent bonding is today being applied in:
- A large quantity of MEMS devices supported by glass frit and anodic bonding technologies in order to achieve good hermeticity to protect the MEMS sensor.
- LED devices requiring metal bonding (eutectic and thermo-compression bonding) so as to meet higher performance in terms of light extraction.
- CMOS Image Sensors:
- BSI CMOS Image Sensor where one bonding step is required at the Front-End part
- CIS capping WLP to bond the glass cap wafer to the device
- SOI substrate manufacturing supporting the fusion bonding technology.
These have been the 4 main leading applications for permanent bonding for several years. Permanent Bonding processes are increasingly more importance within the Semiconductor industry.
Total permanent bonding market generated almost 5 Million wafers bonded in 8-inch eq, mostly driven by the established applications - BSI CIS and MEMS devices - and is expected to peak at more than 16 Million wafers bonded in 8-inch eq in 2019. The demand for permanent bonding is growing and mainly driven by the miniaturization required for 3D Stack TSV applications.
Objectives of the report are to provide:
- Market data on key permanent bonding technologies market metrics & dynamics
- Key technical insight into future permanent bonding technology trends and challenges
- A review of technical characteristics and challenges for each existing permanent bonding process
- An overview of the technological trends and applications that use permanent bonding processes
- A forecast for the next five years, and predict future trends for permanent bonding
- Forecast 2013-2019 in number of wafers, number of chambers, value in $M by application, and by permanent bonding technology
Key Topics Covered:
Table of contents
Objectives of the study
Definition, limitations & methodology
2011 vs. 2014 analysis comparison
Companies cited in the report
Introduction, definitions & scope of the report
2013-2019 detailed permanent bonding
Permanent bonding technologies
2013-2019 detailed permanent bonding forecast by applications
Conclusions & perspectives
- Applied Materials
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Murata / VTI
- Silicon Labs
- SUSS MicroTec
- Teledyne DALSA
- Tokyo Electron
- Texas Instruments
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8jx4pz/permanent_wafer
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Sector: Semiconductor
Source:Research and Markets