Dublin, July 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k5tz4d/technologies_and) has announced the addition of the "Technologies & Sensors for the Internet of Things: Businesses & Market Trends 2014-2024" report to their offering.
The Internet of Things is a mix of hardware, cloud and data processing; a generic concept encompassing a wide variety of applications that belong to numerous domains.
In this report the IoT is defined as the aggregation of all the sensing modules which are linked to the Cloud - either directly or through a gateway - and with which data is processed and valorized in any manner (selling to a third party, monitoring a piece of equipment, etc.).
We focused on the analysis of technical characteristics of IoT devices such as the nature of the electronic components to use, the corresponding RF protocols, device power consumption, etc.; as well as economic characteristics, especially regarding the IoT's value, and where market potential lies.
Our roadmap is based on analysis of:
- Current state-of-the-art electronics, and the large number of technologies in development.
- The current technological evolution of wireless transmission regarding protocols & standards.
- The recent discussions and actions pertaining to consumer privacy and data security.
- Sensor multiplicity and integrated sensor developments.
- Additional topics such as solutions costs, and where market traction comes from.
Also, it's still unclear which technological platform will be used, which data transmission protocols will be chosen, and which business model will be proven. Many applications are striving for the blue ribbon, but only the proven ones will drive volume.
This report analyzes the strong challenges awaited regarding the identification of those applications which are expected to provide market volume, and those which are bound to fail.
This report aims to provide:
- An understanding of the IoT value chain structure (device, cloud, data), application areas and technologies involved
- The future evolutionary trend of IoT device technology
- A market forecast for IoT devices in Munits and $M for 2014-2024
- IoT applications & examples overview (building automation, transportation, healthcare, industrial...)
- The technological challenges facing IoT devices
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
3. Seven generations of IoT sensors to appear
4. Market forecasts 2014-2024
5. IoT characteristics, challenges & roadmap
6. IoT development examples
7. Focus on wearable electronics
8. Technological analysis
- AVAGO Technologies
- Ayla Networks
- CEA Liten
- Cambridge CMOS Sensors
- China Mobile
- DG Logik
- FREESCALE Semiconductor
- Fraunhofer Institute
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- HEWLETT PACKARD
- Hillcrest Labs
- Infomotion Sports Technologies
- Jasper Wireless
- KNOWLES Electronics
- KWJ Engineering
- Lightning Switch
- Lime Microsystems
- LogBar Inc.
- M2M Cyber Security
- MC10 Inc.
- Marlow Industries
- NXP Semiconductors
- OnFarm Systems
- Optoi MicroElectronics
- Purdue University
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k5tz4d/technologies_and
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Sector: Advanced Technology
Source:Research and Markets