NEW YORK, July 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Willis Group Holdings plc (NYSE:WSH), the global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker, held its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in Dublin, Ireland today.
At the meeting, shareholders:
- Elected Dominic Casserley, Anna C. Catalano, Sir Roy Gardner, Sir Jeremy Hanley, Robyn S. Kravit, Wendy E. Lane, Francisco Luzón, James F. McCann, Jaymin Patel, Douglas B. Roberts, Michael. J. Somers and Jeffrey W. Ubben to the Board of Directors. They will serve until the next Annual General Meeting of Shareholders or until their respective successors are elected or appointed;
- Ratified the reappointment of Deloitte LLP as the Company's independent auditors until the close of the next Annual General Meeting of Shareholders and authorized the Board of Directors, acting through the Audit Committee, to fix the auditors' remuneration;
- Approved on an advisory (non-binding) basis the executive compensation of the Company's named executive officers;
- Approved an amendment to the Company's 2012 Equity Incentive Plan to increase the number of shares authorized for issuance under the plan;
- Renewed the directors' authority to issue shares under Irish law; and
- Authorized holding the 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders at a location outside of Ireland.
Although the Company received support from 74.9% of the shares voted, the proposal to renew the directors' authority to opt-out of statutory pre-emption rights under Irish law did not pass because it required support from at least 75% of the shares voted at the meeting.
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 18,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world's leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our Website, www.willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience, or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WillisWire. Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.