REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., July 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) –
To take advantage of Seattle's highly skilled workforce and experienced cloud engineering community, Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) has unveiled a new cloud development facility in the city's tech corridor. The company plans to hire more than 100 engineers in Seattle to bolster and build its growing portfolio of public cloud computing services. The new center will be unveiled during HackerX, an open house and recruitment event aimed at giving cloud developers a chance to explore employment opportunities at Oracle.
- Today, Oracle unveiled its new cloud engineering center in downtown Seattle, Washington, where developers will focus on building new cloud computing services as part of Oracle's comprehensive cloud offerings.
- Oracle expanded its presence in Seattle to take advantage of the deep expertise in cloud computing available in Seattle's rapidly growing technical community. The company plans to hire more than 100 top-tier engineers in this new location.
- The state-of-the-art facility was designed to support a startup-focused, entrepreneurial culture and offers an exciting working environment with numerous amenities.
- Local cloud engineering veterans, including Oracle's Craig Kelly and Don Johnson, will lead the Oracle cloud engineering center.
- A HackerX open house and recruitment event will take place at Oracle's new Seattle facility on Tuesday, July 29, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- "Oracle is committed to providing organizations with the industry's broadest and most advanced cloud portfolio," said Prashant Ketkar, vice president, product management, Oracle. "By opening this state-of-art facility, we are equipped to aggressively build out new cloud services. Seattle has a deep pool of talented engineers with its rich history of innovation and is the perfect location for us to harness that talent in order to accelerate our cloud investments."
- "We are building a team of rock star engineers who want to shape the next-generation, cutting-edge public cloud," said Don Johnson, senior director, product development. "Equally important, this is a unique opportunity to build the culture from the ground up—like a startup, but with the resources of a company and customer base that can influence the market."
- Register for HackerX
- Apply for Oracle Careers in Seattle
- Read 5 Reasons Why CEOs Should Love the Cloud, by Mark Hurd
- Sign up for Oracle Cloud
- Learn more about Oracle Cloud
- Join the Oracle Cloud online communities: Twitter, Facebook and blogs
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Chery Isen Isen & Co. +1.425.222.0779 Cheryl@isenandco.com