REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Support.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software, today announced availability of SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0, the latest version of the popular anti-malware software with over 44 million downloads to date. SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 provides secure removal of unwanted applications by consumers and technicians, and offers a simplified user interface. SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 is available in a free limited feature edition or a fully functional paid professional edition.
"SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 will give customers a superior user experience, with improved scan times and enhanced real-time protection," said Support.com president and CEO Elizabeth Cholawsky. "Over the last decade we have helped millions of loyal customers keep their computers safe. Their trust underscores that SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 is among the industry's best and most powerful defenses against spyware and malware."
SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 is currently available at SUPERAntiSpyware.com and within AOL's subscription services at superantispyware.aol.com. "Safety and security are core to AOL's subscription services offering, and the partnership with Support.com has enabled us to expand the breadth of our portfolio of services," said Brendan Jennings, senior vice president, Paid Membership & Marketing, AOL. "We are excited to launch the new and improved SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 and provide our customers with industry-leading protection against spyware and malware."
What's New in SUPERAntiSpyware Version 6.0
The new version of SUPERAntiSpyware provides a number of benefits to customers and technicians:
- New User Interface – Simplified interface for easier navigation to the most commonly used features, and touch screen capable.
- System Investigator – Shows what's running on your PC in a new and exciting way. Customers and technicians can use this tool to quickly determine if a file on the system is potentially malware.
- Faster scan speeds, smaller footprint, enhanced program stability and an expanded Help Menu to improve ease of use.
SUPERAntiSpyware is an advanced security application that detects and removes spyware, malware, rootkits, Trojans, hijackers, and other malicious computer threats. SUPERAntiSpyware was designed to work in tandem with a customer's existing anti-malware and / or anti-virus solution for a layered approach to system security.
Key features of SUPERAntiSpyware:
- Advanced detection and removal of spyware, adware, malware, Trojans, dialers, worms, keyloggers, hijackers, parasites, rootkits, rogue security products and many other types of threats.
- Works in parallel with existing anti-virus and anti-spyware software solutions.
- Designed to maintain computer speeds by being light on system resources, unlike other anti-spyware products.
- Provides real-time blocking of threats and prevents potentially harmful software from installing or re-installing.
- First chance prevention examines over 50 critical points of an individual computer system every time it is started up or shut down to eliminate threats before they have a chance to infect and infiltrate.
- Allows user to schedule scans to run daily or weekly to ensure system is safe.
- Business, professional, education and enterprise licensing is available.
SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 is available for download immediately directly from http://www.superantispyware.com/ or via Support.com channel partners, which include communication providers, retailers, technology companies and others.
Support.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPRT) is a leading provider of cloud software and services for technology support. Our technology support programs help leading brands create new revenue streams and deepen customer relationships. Our cloud Nexus® Service Platform enables companies to boost their support productivity, dramatically improve their customer experience and resolve connected technology issues quickly. Support.com is the choice of leading communications providers including 3 of the top 5 cable companies in North America, top retailers, and other leading brands in software and connected technology. For more information, please visit us at: www.support.com.
Support.com, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit http://www.support.com/about/careers.
Copyright © 2014 Support.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Nexus and SUPERAntiSpyware are trademarks or registered trademarks of Support.com, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
The Support.com, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=11893
CONTACT: Media Contact Mary Ellen Ynes GMK Communications (650) 759-8836 email@example.com