ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA), which educates consumers and financial advisors about options for unlocking the hidden value in life insurance policies, today announced the agenda for its 2014 Annual Fall Life Settlement and Compliance Conference on October 5th-7th at the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The conference ("The Journey Ahead") will once again bring together professionals who participate in all aspects of the life settlement industry – brokers, providers, institutional investors, actuaries, attorneys, accountants and many other industry professionals – for a program that combines serious educational content with informal networking opportunities.
"We've assembled a wide range of outstanding speakers whose expertise and viewpoints are in high demand, both inside and outside of the life settlement industry," said Darwin Bayston, president and chief executive officer of LISA. "In addition to the core agenda that is focused on educating professionals on the latest developments in life settlements, the event will include a specialized track for those focusing on the compliance portions of the industry and another track for consumer advisors looking to learn more about the life settlement option for their clients."
A life settlement is the sale of an existing life insurance policy to a third party for more than its cash surrender value, but less than its net death benefit.
The life settlement market has rebounded from the downturn of 2007-2009 and is currently on an upswing. According to The Deal Pipeline, transactions in the secondary market grew to $2.57 billion in face value of policies sold last year, compared to $2.12 billion in 2012.
"There are more than 40 million Americans over the age of 75, and seniors in that age group own between $700-$800 billion worth of life insurance policies, approximately 20 percent of which are potential candidates for settlement," said Bayston. "With new opportunities for consumers and capital to participate in the life settlement market -- and increased activity and investments being made in the market -- this year's Fall Conference is an event that is not to be missed for both veterans and newcomers to the industry," said Bayston.
The main conference agenda will focus on:
- The latest industry trends;
- Market updates from expert speakers;
- Group participation in interactive sessions;
- Networking opportunities with top industry players;
- Marketing sessions to help life settlement service providers grow their businesses; and
- Detailed compliance information covering all aspects of the life settlement transaction, from consumer to investor.
This year's event also features two in-depth tracks:
(1) A Compliance Track for compliance professionals and attorneys. Participants will attend sessions to help them maintain compliance standards for themselves, their companies and their business partners. They will also obtain updates on new laws, as well as recent and pending litigation, and are eligible to obtain CLE credits.
(2) An Advisor Track for consumer advisors, agents and professionals interested in the industry. Track attendees will gain a knowledge of the basics of the industry, learn how to offer life settlements as an option to clients for whom it may be an appropriate strategy and become knowledgeable about the transaction process, due diligence and fiduciary duty. Participants are eligible to earn 6 CFP Continuing Education Credits, 6 Insurance Continuing Education Credits and 6 CLE Credits in certain states.
Keynote speakers include: Jay Olshansky, Ph.D., professor at University of Illinois at Chicago's School of Public Health; Teague McGrath, chief marketing officer for American Advisors Group; Steve Savant, host of "Let's Get Down to Business" online talk show; and Randall Doctor, attorney at Doctor Law Group.
For more information about LISA's 2014 Fall Conference or to register to attend, please click here.
About the Life Insurance Settlement Association
The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) is the nation's oldest and largest organization representing participants in the life settlement Industry, with a current membership of more than 85 companies doing business in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The mission of LISA is to promote the development, integrity and reputation of the life settlement industry and to promote a competitive market for the people it serves. LISA's membership consists of brokers, providers, financing entities and service providers to the industry. For more information, visit www.lisa.org.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Daryn Teague (661) 297-5292 email@example.com
Source:Life Insurance Settlement Association