WASHINGTON, Aug. 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) announced today that the 2014 NACD Board Leadership Conference: Beyond Borders, October 12-14 in National Harbor, MD, is on pace to sell out once again. Over the three day event, NACD expects more than 1,100 corporate directors to be in attendance.
New offerings at this year's conference include the Global Village, featuring embassy officials and subject matter experts discussing governance and business practices across the globe; and an enhanced Social Media Lab, where attendees can learn more about taking advantage of mobile technologies.
Among the nearly 100 sessions featuring more than 160 distinguished speakers, NACD's 2014 annual conference will now also offer customized learning tracks. Learning track topics include risk, compensation, nominating and governance, NACD Directorship 2020, future trends, social media and technology, global disruptive forces, audit and regulatory, small-cap, private company, and story circles. In addition, on Tuesday, October 14th attendees can participate in small group, peer exchange roundtables broken out by topic, key committee, industry, and organization type.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Donna F. Anderson, Vice President and Corporate Governance Specialist, T. Rowe Price
- Dennis W. Archer, Director, Johnson Controls Inc., Compuware Corporation and Masco Corporation
- F. Thaddeus Arroyo, Chief Information Officer, AT&T
- Glenn Booraem, Principal and Fund Controller, Vanguard Fund Financial Services
- Phyllis J. Campbell, Vice Chairman of the Pacific Northwest Region, JP Morgan Chase; Director, Nordstrom, Alaska Air Group
- Stu Dalheim, Vice President, Shareholder Advocacy, Calvert
- Professor Charles M. Elson, Director, HealthSouth Corporation; Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Margaret M. Foran, Chief Governance Officer, VP and Corporate Secretary, Prudential Insurance Company
- Susan P. Gardner, Executive Director, Wikimedia Foundation
- Raymond V. Gilmartin, Former Chairman, President and CEO, Merck & Co. Inc.; Director, NACD and General Mills; Former Director, Microsoft
- Shawn Henry, Director, SecureBuy; President, CrowdStrike Services & CSO; Former Executive Assistant Director, FBI
- General James L. Jones U.S. Marine Corps (retired); Former National Security Advisor to the President of the United States; President, Jones Group International
- Thomas J. Kim, Partner, Sidley Austin; Former Chief Counsel and Associate Director, Division of Corporation Finance, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Scott Kupor, Managing Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Joann S. Lublin, Management News Editor, Wall Street Journal
- Daniel J. McCarthy, President and Chief Operating Officer, Frontier Communications
- Robert McCormick, Chief Policy Officer, Glass Lewis & Co.
- Andrew J. McKenna, Sr., Non-Executive Chairman, McDonald's Corp.; Director, Skyline Corp.; Chairman, Schwarz Supply Source
- Carolyn Miles, President and CEO, Save the Children
- Anne M. Mulcahy, Director, Johnson & Johnson, Target Corp., Graham Holdings Co., LPL Financial; Chair, Save the Children
- Charles H. Noski, Director, Microsoft Corp., Avery Dennison Corp., Avon Products Inc.; Retired Vice Chairman, Bank of America Corp.
- Troy Paredes, Senior Strategy and Policy Officer, PwC LLP; Former Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Dean A. Pinkert, Vice Chairman, U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC)
- Steven S. Reinemund, Director, Walmart, Exxon Mobil, Marriott International, American Express; Dean of Business, Wake Forest University School of Business
- General H. Hugh Shelton (U.S. Army, retired), Chairman, Red Hat Inc.; Director, L-3 Communications Inc., Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Judy A. Smith, President, Smith and Co., Former White House Deputy Press Secretary
- Chuck Underwood, Founder/Principal, The Generational Imperative Inc.
- Kurt Volker, Former U.S. Ambassador, NATO; Executive Director, The McCain Institute for International Leadership
- Carlos Watson, CEO and Co-Founder, OZY Media Inc.
- Kathrin Winkler, Senior Vice President, Corporate Sustainability and Chief Sustainability Officer, EMC
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) is the recognized authority focused on advancing exemplary board leadership and establishing leading boardroom practices. Informed by more than 35 years of experience, NACD delivers insights and resources that more than 14,000 corporate director members rely upon to make sound strategic decisions and confidently confront complex business challenges. NACD provides world-class director education programs, national peer-exchange forums, and proprietary research to promote director professionalism, ultimately enhancing the economic sustainability of the enterprise and bolstering stakeholder confidence. Fostering collaboration among directors, investors, and governance stakeholders, NACD is shaping the future of board leadership. To learn more about NACD, please visit www.NACDonline.org.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Henry Stoever Chief Marketing Officer 202-775-0509 hstoever@NACDonline.orgSource:National Association of Corporate Directors