WASHINGTON, Sept. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WHAT: REFF-West, the premier renewable energy financing forum in the western United States, will take place September 16th & 17th in San Francisco. Silicon Valley meets Wall Street as industry leaders convene for panels and discussions to highlight financing trends for renewable energy, with a focus on one of the hottest regions for clean tech in the world: the western U.S.
Specific topics for discussion include:
- Moving Past the ITC and PTC: Are Financing Innovations the Solution? – This session will explore whether financing mechanisms such as Yieldcos, REITs, MLPs, PACE, securitization and green bonds will be able to continue the momentum spurred by the federal tax credits and accelerated depreciation.
- The Net Metering Solution & the Future of the Utility Business Model – In the first half of this session, leaders from the solar industry will reflect on how private-sector developers and utilities are grappling with net metering issues. The second part of the session will explore new utility models that are being designed to provide alternatives to the standard approach to electricity services, as well as the needed investment structures to support these new models.
- Financing the Future of Clean Energy Transportation Technologies – This session will explore the impacts of the California Low Carbon Fuel Standard, the AB32 greenhouse gases cap in 2015 and aggressive electric vehicle charging infrastructure goals in the Western United States.
WHO: Keynote speakers include:
- Arielle Bertman, Renewable Energy Investments Principal, Google
- Cliff Fietzek, Manager of Connected E-Mobility, BMW of North America
- Jennifer Granholm, Distinguished Practitioner of Law and Public Policy, UC Berkeley and former Governor of Michigan
- Brian A. Matthay, Senior Vice President, Environmental Finance Group, Wells Fargo
- Bryan Miller, Vice President, Public Policy & Power Markets, Sunrun Inc.
- Diarmuid O'Connell, VP of Business Development, Tesla Motors
- Nicole Poindexter, Senior Director of Global Business Development, Opower
You can review the conference agenda on the REFF-West website.
Also at REFF-West – ACORE to update its Renewable Energy in the 50 States: West Region Report with new investment and deployment figures and industry trends for 2013-2014.
WHEN: September 16-17, 2014
WHERE: Palace Hotel, San Francisco, CA
TO REGISTER: Please contact Kyle McGuiness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-777-7548
REFF-West is the premier West Coast renewable energy finance event, uniting senior financiers, investors, and renewable energy executives from across the country since 2008.
With a focus on renewable energy development in the Western U.S., REFF-West will highlight financing trends for renewable power, clean technologies, and transportation; assess the future of federal and state policy and the role of financing innovations; identify early-stage investment opportunities; and discuss the region's role in the international renewable energy marketplace. The conference also offers unparalleled networking opportunities, allowing you to meet senior representatives from both the energy and financial sectors.
ACORE, a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization, is dedicated to building a secure and prosperous America with clean, renewable energy. ACORE seeks to advance renewable energy through finance, policy, technology, and market development and is concentrating its member focus in 2013 on National Defense & Security, Power Generation & Infrastructure, and Transportation. Additional information is available at www.acore.org.
About Euromoney Energy Events:
Euromoney Energy Events produces high-profile events for clean energy professionals worldwide. Our diverse range of conferences address topical issues in the cleantech sector, with a focus on financial and commercial aspects, in a portfolio that ranges across Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency and Carbon Finance.
CONTACT: REFF-Wall Street Media Contact: Kevin Haley, ACORE email@example.com; (202) 777-7584
Source:American Council on Renewable Energy