WARREN, N.J., Sept. 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its AWL5905 and AWL5910 power amplifiers to a next-generation communications technology company. These high-performance power amplifiers are being leveraged for new 802.11n and 802.11ac WiFi infrastructure customer premises equipment (CPE).
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=27477
"Adoption of the 802.11ac standard continues to accelerate as consumers and businesses increasingly turn to WiFi networks for data and multimedia connectivity," said Jerry Miller, senior vice president of Worldwide Sales and Applications at ANADIGICS. "As manufacturers develop the newest generation of WiFi infrastructure devices to support this trend, ANADIGICS' power amplifiers stand out as critical enablers. Our 802.11ac solutions deliver a world-class combination of linearity, efficiency and gain to enable infrastructure devices with higher data throughput at greater range, all while consuming less power. These advantages are being validated by production shipments in support of multiple platforms at this top-tier WiFi equipment manufacturer."
ANADIGICS' 802.11ac WiFi power amplifiers for infrastructure applications leverage the Company's patented InGaP-Plus™ technology and unique design architectures to offer world-class performance and integration. The AWL5905 power amplifier delivers 30 dB of linear power gain and 2.0% EVM at 19.5 dBm, while the AWL5910 power amplifier provides 31 dB of linear power gain and 1.8% EVM at 22 dBm output power. This industry-leading combination of gain and linearity ensures stable, reliable high-throughput WiFi connectivity in the toughest modulation formats. The Company's 802.11ac WiFi power amplifiers integrate a digital PA enable interface that eliminates the need for costly external circuitry. The AWL5905 and AWL5910 power amplifiers also feature an integrated detector that facilitates accurate power control over varying load conditions. These performance and integration advantages, coupled with industry-leading efficiency and thermal characteristics, enable multiple input multiple output (MIMO) designs that consume less power and are more thermally efficient. With lower current consumption, ANADIGICS' WiFi infrastructure power amplifiers also support the stringent power limitations of Power over Ethernet (PoE) equipment.
ANADIGICS WiFi Infrastructure Power Amplifier Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- High gain and output power levels to ensure optimal performance in infrastructure and multimedia applications
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11n and 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- High-accuracy, integrated power detector to ensure accurate power control over varying load conditions and extended dynamic range
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications and stringent PoE requirements
- CMOS-compatible control interface to improve ease of use
- Compact 4 mm x 4 mm x 0.8 mm QFN package with RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms and DC blocked to reduce PCB space requirements
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company") designs and manufactures innovative radio frequency solutions for the growing CATV infrastructure, small-cell, WiFi, and cellular markets. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, ANADIGICS offers RF products with exceptional reliability, performance and integration to deliver a unique competitive advantage to OEMs and ODMs for infrastructure and mobile applications. The Company's award-winning solutions include line amplifiers, upstream amplifiers, power amplifiers, front-end ICs, front-end modules and other RF components. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com
CONTACT: Media Relations Brian Ribeiro mspire group Tel: +1 908 369 9300 Email: email@example.com Investor Relations Kristina Panek ANADIGICS, Inc. Tel: +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org