SALT LAKE CITY, Sept. 11, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
ZAGG Inc (Nasdaq:ZAGG), the makers of the industry-standard InvisibleShield protective films for handheld mobile devices, today announced the InvisibleShield HDX, a new, premium screen protector. The InvisibleShield HDX combines 3X shatter protection with an ultra-clear finish for a thin film that provides protection from inevitable drops and scratches. The InvisibleShield HDX has been designed with new EZ Apply™ tabs, a moisture-free method which provides the easiest application on the market. As with all other InvisibleShield film products, the HDX line comes with a lifetime guarantee and is available for Apple devices including the new Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone Plus, as well as the most popular designs for Samsung, HTC, and other device manufacturers.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=27608
- Shattered and cracked screens are a leading cause for device repair and replacement. InvisibleShield HDX adds a thin component layer of extreme shock absorption to smartphone screens, for three times the shatter protection than that of even industry-leading engineered products. A video highlighting this feature can be found here.
- According to the results of ZAGG's 2014 Device Damage Report, dropping a smartphone or tablet is a leading concern for device owners. Up to 70 percent of smartphone owners damage their devices at some point, and 64 percent of damage to tablets comes as a result of dropping or scratching. The average repair or replacement cost for these devices was reported at $144, leading to 48 percent of smartphone users and 27 percent of tablet users currently using a damaged smartphone or tablet.
- The larger displays of tablet computers present an even greater risk of scratched or shattered screens, and tablets are damaged more often than phones when dropped. The InvisibleShield HDX provides unrivaled protection and clarity, and helps promote mobile productivity.
- All InvisibleShield products will now feature the new EZ Apply™ tabs to help make application simple and accurate. Each InvisibleShield product is designed specifically to accommodate the shape of the device and offers access to all openings and features.
- The InvisibleShield family of products are available online at ZAGG.com and through select retail partners. Products in the InvisibleShield family include: InvisibleShield Original starting at $14.99, InvisibleShield HDX starting at $24.99, and the InvisibleShield Glass starting at $34.99.
"Our mobile devices are extensions of our lives, and we can't afford to risk the downtime associated with damaged or broken screens. ZAGG's line of films provide that extra level of protection for electronics to help ensure that doesn't happen," said Randall Hales, CEO and president of ZAGG. "The InvisibleShield HDX is the best combination of toughness, clarity, and shatter-protection on the market."
About ZAGG Inc:
ZAGG Inc (Nasdaq:ZAGG) and its subsidiaries (the "company") design, produce and distribute creative mobile accessory solutions. The company's three distinct brands -- ZAGG, iFrogz and invisibleSHIELD® -- offer solutions such as keyboards, cases, screen protection, audio, power management and gaming products. ZAGG serves as the professional, work-hard technology-based product line; iFrogz is the fun, trend-driven, clever and colorful product line; and invisibleSHIELD is the durable, scientifically-formulated, protective product line. ZAGG Inc distinguishes itself by offering industry-leading products through targeted global distribution channels, with the broadest product offering in its sector. More information about the company and its brands is available at ZAGG.com.
CONTACT: Investor Relations: ZAGG Inc Kim Rogers 801-506-7008 email@example.com Media: Method Communications Matt Reichman 801-461-9778 firstname.lastname@example.org Zachary Allen 801-461-9751 email@example.com Company: ZAGG Inc Nathan Nelson 801-506-7341 firstname.lastname@example.org