NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq:MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for fixed-income securities, and the provider of market data and post-trade services for the global fixed-income markets, today announced that its eleventh annual EM Charity Trading Day will be held on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. MarketAxess, in partnership with the Emerging Markets Trade Association (EMTA), will donate all emerging markets transaction revenues from the trading day to emerging markets charities.
"We are pleased to be hosting our EM Charity Trading Day for the eleventh consecutive year, marking our ongoing commitment to emerging markets communities. We thank our investor and dealer clients for their continued support in giving back to these communities," said Richard M. McVey, chairman and chief executive officer, MarketAxess.
"We are extremely grateful to MarketAxess for its consistent leadership in supporting the emerging market industry charity efforts. Since 2004, their donations have helped thousands of people in emerging countries gain better access to healthcare and education," said Jonathan Murno, Managing Director, EMTA.
Each year, charities are selected as beneficiaries by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York and London. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- Care 2 Communities, which saves lives by bringing sustainable primary health care to communities in the developing world, www.care2communities.org;
- Children of the Andes, which supports street children in Colombia, www.childrenoftheandes.org;
- Children of Peru Foundation, which makes grants to organizations to provide better healthcare and education for disadvantaged children in Peru, www.childrenofperu.org;
- Cotlands, which provides support for children affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in South Africa, www.cotlands.org;
- EMpower, a grant-making foundation which connects the emerging markets community with innovative grassroots organizations enabling young people to lead healthy, productive lives, www.empowerweb.org;
- Facing the World, which provides life-changing craniofacial surgery to some of the world's most disadvantaged and vulnerable children, www.facingtheworld.net;
- Health Poverty Action, which provides basic health care to rural communities around the globe, www.healthunlimited.org;
- Orphaned Starfish Foundation, which works with orphans and disadvantaged children throughout Latin America and Ethiopia, www.orphanedstarfish.com;
- Pueblo a Pueblo, which improves access to health, education and food security in rural coffee-growing communities of Guatemala, www.puebloapueblo.org; and
- The Afya Foundation, which collects and delivers containers of donated medical and humanitarian supplies to health centers and hospitals throughout Africa and the Caribbean, www.afyafoundation.org.
The total amount of this year's donations will be announced at the annual London and New York benefits, which are scheduled for Thursday, October 9, 2014, and Thursday, December 4, 2014, respectively.
MarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,000 institutional investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets and high-yield bonds, European bonds, U.S. agency bonds, credit default swaps and other fixed-income securities. MarketAxess SEF Corporation has received temporary registration from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission to operate a swap execution facility. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products. Trax is the trading name of Xtrakter Ltd., a MarketAxess group company.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, São Paulo and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
Founded in 1990, EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the orderly development of fair, efficient and transparent trading markets for emerging markets instruments, and the integration of the emerging markets into the global financial marketplace.
CONTACT: MarketAxess MarketAxess Holdings, Inc. Diana Bhaktul +1-212-813-6354 EMTA Jonathan Murno +1-646-289-5413
Source:MarketAxess Holdings, Inc.