Breakthrough financial app offers the breadth and depth of CNBC on the go
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, September 16, 2014 – CNBC, first in business worldwide, today announced the launch of the CNBC iOS Universal App for the iPhone and iPad. CNBC's fully redesigned app delivers easier access to both authenticated live and on-demand network programming integrated alongside real-time market data, award-winning business news coverage and comprehensive interactive charts. The app's modern design also empowers users with intuitive navigation, enhanced content discovery and custom video playlists so they can stay on top of the financial news and information they need whenever they want it.
"CNBC iOS users are the most engaged in the business and financial news category," said Kevin Krim, General Manager and Senior Vice President, CNBC Digital, "We are excited to now offer them the power of CNBC in a completely new, highly customizable and seamless experience that makes consuming news and market data very quick and easy while watching live or on-demand video at the same time."
Upon download, CNBC app users can select a US or International edition and then access their personalized preferences across their multiple iOS devices.
Additional CNBC App features include:Enhanced Video Offering & Playlist
- Easy access to authenticated, live CNBC TV Everywhere (TVE) programming.
- A robust offering of the day's Top, Latest and Most Popular Business Day video news clips as well as editorially curated video lists of the day's major stories from CNBC.
- Access to free, full-length episodes of Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer and CNBC's primetime programs including The Profit and Restaurant Startup.
- A new Video Playlist tool that allows individual users to create customized video lists through one-tap "Add to Playlist" functionality plus a built in continuous play feature within a playlist.
- AirPlay available for all video, which enables video to play wirelessly from app to HDTV with Apple TV.
- Create and track your favorite stocks, bonds and currencies in real-time.
- Harness a new sort functionality, which allows for the management of stocks by volume, percent change and alphabetized list to improve overall usability.
- Comprehensive and integrated charts and graphs that allow for both pinch and zoom.
- Adjustable chart interfaces, including customizable time horizons, style, event overlays and upper/lower indicators for a truly optimized user experience.
"We are equally proud that our new CNBC app will provide our advertising partners with a dynamic new environment to reach our highly-coveted and always connected mobile audience," said Rik Gates, Vice President, CNBC Digital Advertising Sales.
The new CNBC iOS Universal App is available on all iPhones and iPads on iOS 7 and above.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD , CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc.