SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 17, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Nasdaq:NXPI), working with UC Davis' Institute of Transportation studies and E-Mobility Connection, will host an automobile security round table on Friday, September 19 at the UC Davis West Village in Davis, California. The roundtable will discuss the mounting security concerns around connected vehicles and how some of today's leading manufacturers and industry experts are overcoming these challenges.
During this one hour panel, security experts will take an in-depth look at automotive security and how organizations are working towards a more secure automotive industry. Following the panel, NXP will showcase Stella, the world's first solar-powered family car, to demonstrate car-to-car technology in action.
The panel will be moderated by Junko Yashida, Chief International Correspondent of the EE Times and will feature:
- Andreas Mai, Director Smart Connected Vehicles at Cisco
- Frank Provenzano, Group Director of New Media at Econolite
- Eric Mark Huitema, Global Manager of Smarter Transportation at IBM
- Lars Reger, Vice President Strategy, New Business and R&D for the automotive business unit at NXP
- Willem Bulthuis, member of the Board of Management at Secunet
- Professor Karl Levitt, UC Davis
- Prof Maarten Steinbuch, Einhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands)
UC Davis West Village, 1605 Tilia St. Rooms 1103/1111, Davis, CA 95616
Friday, September 19, 2014
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT
If interested in attending, please register online at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/roundtable-security-and-privacy-the-key-to-the-connected-car-tickets-13177150211
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Nasdaq:NXPI) creates solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal electronics, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, identification and mobile industries, and in application areas including wireless infrastructure, lighting, healthcare, industrial, consumer tech and computing. NXP has operations in more than 25 countries, and posted revenue of $4.82 billion in 2013. Find out more at www.nxp.com.
CONTACT: Tate Tran 408-802-0602 firstname.lastname@example.org