WARREN, N.J., Sept. 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company"), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its AWL9280 and AWL9580S WiFi front-end ICs (FEICs) to LG Electronics in support of the global launch of the LG G3 Beat, also known as the LG G3 s in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). This feature-rich smartphone, a compact variant of the highly acclaimed LG G3, offers a 5.0-inch HD IPS display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, and 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with laser auto focus.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=27749
"We are very pleased to continue our long-term collaboration with LG Electronics and to be selected to enable wireless connectivity in the new LG G3 Beat," said Jerry Miller, senior vice president of Worldwide Sales and Applications at ANADIGICS. "Our FEICs have raised the bar in WiFi performance and integration, enabling faster throughput, longer battery life and more compact designs. The sleek, high performance LG G3 Beat showcases these advantages, delivering a premium user experience."
ANADIGICS' AWL9280 2.4 GHz and AWL9580S 5 GHz FEICs leverage the Company's patented InGaP-Plus™ technology and uniquely designed architectures to combine a high-performance power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA) with bypass option, and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration greatly improves manufacturability and reliability, reduces the PCB area required, and simplifies RF front-end design to speed time-to-market. The complete family of WiFi FEICs provides outstanding error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enable high data throughput.
ANADIGICS 802.11n WiFi FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA with bypass option, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
- Best-in-class efficiency to maximize battery life in mobile devices
- Low EVM to maintain high-modulation accuracy for exceptional data throughput
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company") designs and manufactures innovative radio frequency solutions for the growing CATV infrastructure, small-cell, WiFi, and cellular markets. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, ANADIGICS offers RF products with exceptional reliability, performance and integration to deliver a unique competitive advantage to OEMs and ODMs for infrastructure and mobile applications. The Company's award-winning solutions include line amplifiers, upstream amplifiers, power amplifiers, front-end ICs, front-end modules and other RF components. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com
CONTACT: Media Relations Brian Ribeiro mspire group Tel: +1 908 369 9300 Email: email@example.com Investor Relations Kristina Panek ANADIGICS, Inc. Tel: +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org