HAMILTON, Bermuda, Sept. 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seadrill Limited (the "Company") advises that the 2014 Annual General Meeting of the Company was held on September 19, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at the Elbow Beach Hotel, 60 South Shore Road, Paget PG04, Bermuda. The audited consolidated financial statements for the Company for the year ended December 31, 2013 were presented to the Meeting.
Immediately prior to commencement of the Meeting, Mr. Tor Olav Trøim withdrew his nomination and therefore the proposal to re-elect him as a Director of the Company was not considered.
The following resolutions were passed:
1) To re-elect John Fredriksen as a Director of the Company.
2) To re-elect Kate Blankenship as a Director of the Company.
3) To re-elect Katherine Fredriksen as a Director of the Company.
4) To re-elect Carl Erik Steen as a Director of the Company.
5) To re-elect Bert Bekker as a Director of the Company.
6) To re-elect Paul Leand, Jr., as a Director of the Company.
7) To re-appoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditors and to authorise the Directors to determine their remuneration.
8) That the remuneration payable to the Company's Board of Directors of a total amount of fees not to exceed US$1,500,000 be approved for the year ended December 31, 2014.
September 19, 2014
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.
CONTACT: Seadrill +47 51 30 99 00Source:Seadrill Limited